Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Established Member
stephen_copland
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Telstra no longer able to help loyal customers

I'm leaving.  The unthinkable is about to happen.  Those whom I know would arguably say that I am the most patient and loyal person they know.

I cant believe that after 14yrs of dedicated custom, Telstra aren't able to help me because I dont fit into their 'bundle' mould. I just want naked broadband at the same price as a competitor. Sorry, you cant have it at that price because your work looks after your phones so you cant bundle. Bloody theives!!!

Telstra would rather throw away the $600 and custom that they receive from me each year rather than provide products that help.  All I want to do is increase my download limit from 2GB (old crappy product) to 50GB at my current plan price which is the same price as a competitors naked broadband.
I will go through the initial pain of changing providers now.  However painful it is, it will be less than the astonishment that Telstra no longer provide customer service (to anyone, including loyal customers) or compete with others in the market.
I'm so dissappointed.  I will also recommend that family and friends look elsewhere.  Unfortunately I'm just a small voice crying in the wilderness.  Although I am probably not alone.  It will be a difficult day for Telstra if we are able to combine our voices as one and let them know how bad it is on this end of their phoneline.

Valued Contributor
nelly82
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra no longer able to help loyal customers

Ok,  So from you have written,  Your home phone is being paid for by your work, therefore under their name,  is this correct?  Is the bigpond service an adsl service under your personal name or is it under your work's name?

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button :smileyhappy:
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Community Leader
jokiin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

not sure I understand, you want them to provide a service to you that they currently don't have in their system, they're reluctance to write a new billing system to be able to make this custom plan just for you to accommodate your request means as a result now they are 'bloody thieves' that 'no longer provide customer service'

Lucky you're not hard to please ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

stephen_copland wrote:

I'm leaving.  The unthinkable is about to happen.  Those whom I know would arguably say that I am the most patient and loyal person they know.

I cant believe that after 14yrs of dedicated custom, Telstra aren't able to help me because I don't fit into their 'bundle' mould. I just want naked broadband at the same price as a competitor. Sorry, you cant have it at that price because your work looks after your phones so you cant bundle. Bloody thieves!!!

Telstra would rather throw away the $600 and custom that they receive from me each year rather than provide products that help.  All I want to do is increase my download limit from 2GB (old crappy product) to 50GB at my current plan price which is the same price as a competitors naked broadband.
I will go through the initial pain of changing providers now.  However painful it is, it will be less than the astonishment that Telstra no longer provide customer service (to anyone, including loyal customers) or compete with others in the market.
I'm so disappointed.  I will also recommend that family and friends look elsewhere.  Unfortunately I'm just a small voice crying in the wilderness.  Although I am probably not alone.  It will be a difficult day for Telstra if we are able to combine our voices as one and let them know how bad it is on this end of their phoneline.

As I understand it, your landline service is currently being billed to your work account, and your DSL is being billed on your own account.

Simple Solution - Transfer the Landline service out of the business name, into your name on the same bill as your Internet. You can then Bundle ($88.00 for 200GB of Internet usage and Homeline Budget) or add Multiple Product Benefit ($49.95 per month over 24 months, plus Landline Rental).

Naked ADSL has its downsides. No Dial tone to check for line noise in the event of a fault, AFAIK Naked DSL isn't covered under the CSG (Therefore it doesn't get the same priority as a standard phone service).

The difference in pricing is not just based on the physical service you get (Download Allowance, copper in the street etc.) but it also pays for the Technicians, Customer Service, Provisioning, and Monitoring staff and Systems (Many of which are still based in Australia). APCMag did a great piece on just how much we invest in our network: http://apcmag.com/telstras-massive-nerve-centre-exposed.htm. The stuff in there isn't cheap, and goes to providing a quality network, not just the lowest price point.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Established Member
Greg_Ory
0 Kudos

hey Stephen, why not see if work can look after your internet costs as well? There are some great business bundles (BizEssentials) $80 / mth includes 50Gb, static IP, phoneline rental, unlimited local calls & untimed STD calls @ 80c each - there are higher plans if req'd. and this is a Business Grade sevice - possibly worth a look
>