Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Community Manager
Yannick

Telstra 24x7 - Android launch

[ Edited ]

We have now officially launched the Android Telstra 24x7™ App which is available in Google Play for those with Android devices. Telstra 24x7™ App is a great way to manage your Telstra services and allow you to:

- Access your linked active services 
- Click through to pay your bills
- View your current and past bill summaries
- Keep an eye on your estimated usage (for those on Post Paid mobile plans or selected BigPond® broadband plans)
- Switch to email bill

If you’ve got a Telstra Pre-Paid service, you can also:
- Check your balance
- Recharge your service
- Purchase a Plus Pack

What else can you do?
- Locate your nearest Telstra store
- Raise queries and chat to us through CrowdSupport® (requires CrowdSupport login), Twitter (requires a Twitter account), the Telstra 24x7 page on Facebook, or LiveChat.

More information is available here.

Any question or suggestions about  Telstra 24x7™ App  let us know here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as a Accepted Solution this will help other members find solutions faster.

Purchase Telstra iPhone 6 and 6 Plus direct links:  http://tel.st/iphone6
You can also find us on:
Twitter @TelstraFacebook 24x7Google +

Telstra Products & Services Team
Luke_M
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra 24x7 - Android launch

Great effort to everyone involved. Please feel free to share your thoughts here :smileyhappy:
Community Leader
DEANJA
0 Kudos

Well congratulations, and not before time. For once a Telstra app that actually works.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated.
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution.
NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Thanks
Jeff
Established Member
jj0502
0 Kudos

Hi. Nice looking application and not before time. Unfortunately though I cannot seem to get it to retrieve my information. When detecting services I get a technical difficulties error indicating to try again later. I've tried a dozen or more times since installing the application last night and always get the same error either on my phone or tablet. I can log into My Account online and get the info no problem but not with the app. If I bypass logging in I get the local data associated with that sim but get nothing if I log in.

On another note it would be nice if it worked in landscape mode! By that I mean it's pretty ridiculous in this day of tablets to release an app that doesn't.
Community Manager
Yannick
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your feedback, i will pass your comments on to the team for review.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as a Accepted Solution this will help other members find solutions faster.

You can also find us on:

asdf1234
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

When i try to log in i get a "unable to access account" notification and it clearly displays that if I call 1800 number i can get help, so silly me calls that number and after waiting (ofcause) and trying to explain my problem I am told i need to call another number becaus i am a business customer!  No I have used (wasted) all the free time i had calling 1800 number to absolutely no avail at all... can someone here help me please?  very unimpressed so far

Contributor
Evowned
0 Kudos

I love the 24x7 App! I've been using it on my iPad for a while now.

I find the absolute best feature is the ability to quickly take a look at your bill. I have my mother's account linked to my online account and - at a quick glance - I can see whether the bills are paid and the current account balances. Being able to track call/data usage is helpful.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is: all the features are great, but the best feature; is the ability to use all the other features, at a glance. It's so fast and easy.

What I find most surprising though, is how well the app has been transitioned to Android. Still the same great app as on the iPad, but with subtle tweaks for the Android Design Guidelines.

Great job, guys!

- eVowned

Currently running a stock HTC One XL, and a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean.

Don't forget: a little Kudos goes a long way; and mark any replies as solved if they helped.
Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi asdf1234,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the issues you have with using the new Telstra 24/7 Android app.

Firstly, I'm really sorry for any frustrations and inconvenience caused by this.

I'd like to point out that the app only works if you have Personal/Residential type services only and does not currently work for Business customers or who have Business type services.

We hope, off course, to extend this app across Telstra services whether you are a Personal or a Business customer.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Established Member
jj0502
0 Kudos

I have a personal account and am still unable to get the app to login to my account. I'm still getting the same error indicating technical difficulties. I have called support and been bounced around several different support staff to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. I can log in directly to telstra.com and my other non-telstra app can log in also.
Occasional Contributor
fmoffat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have a new iPhone 4 and Asus TF300TG android tablet.  Neither are supported by 24x7.  So 2 questions for the experts... are we any closer to knowing when the iPhone will be 'on'... and when will the Asus tablets be 'on'?

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

fmoffat wrote:

I have a new iPhone 4 and Asus TF300TG android tablet.  Neither are supported by 24x7.  So 2 questions for the experts... are we any closer to knowing when the iPhone will be 'on'... and when will the Asus tablets be 'on'?

Asus, I'm not sure (thought it would be as its Android) as for iPhone its in Beta testing and should be launched "soon".

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Occasional Contributor
fmoffat
0 Kudos

Tech Bar guy could not get it recognised.  He suggested I get onto Crowd Support for info regarding the solution.

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Ben

Hi fmoffat,

Yes we are closer to knowing when the Telstra 24x7 for iPhone will be 'on'. So close infact I woud suggest you have a look over here :smileywink:

Enjoy

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?
Luke_M

Community Manager
Yannick
0 Kudos

Nice one luke...

You can also find us on:

Occasional Contributor
fmoffat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you to everyone for your responses and interest.  The iPhone app is available... the rest is down to me.  Regarding my android tablet connection problem... it is solved (although I don't exactly know how).  But I am connected.  That's all that matters..!  If I could see how to record a solution, I would...

Established Member
jj0502
0 Kudos

I noticed an update for this app was available however I am still unable to get it to work. Logging into my account doesn't seem to be an issue however when the app tries to detect services it still comes up with the same error 'We are experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patience as we resolve the issue. Please try again in a few minutes. ' I get this same message every time whether I use wifi or 3g and on both of my Telstra devices (Motorola Defy and Xoom2). If I use 3g and bypass login it retrieves the account directly associated with the sim in that device but not the other 3 (I have 2 post paid and 2 prepaid accounts, all personal accounts, associated with my myaccount login). I can log into my account with no issues at all and as I said the app seems to get past the login point and stops during the 'detecting services' point. Its a real shame as its a great looking app that only needs to be able to rotate in lanscape mode to be exactly what I need.
Luke_M
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Quick update to let you all know we released a minor update to the Android app last night - we're now at Version 1.01.

There were a few little tweaks that we made here and there, no big new features just yet but they are on the way. Can you please let us know how you have been going with this new version? Looking forward to hearding from you all.

For the customers that have requested widgets we hear you loud and clear - keep an eye out for them in version 2.0 :smileyhappy: 

Regards,
Luke

Luke_M
0 Kudos

jj0502 wrote:
I noticed an update for this app was available however I am still unable to get it to work. Logging into my account doesn't seem to be an issue however when the app tries to detect services it still comes up with the same error 'We are experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patience as we resolve the issue. Please try again in a few minutes. ' I get this same message every time whether I use wifi or 3g and on both of my Telstra devices (Motorola Defy and Xoom2). If I use 3g and bypass login it retrieves the account directly associated with the sim in that device but not the other 3 (I have 2 post paid and 2 prepaid accounts, all personal accounts, associated with my myaccount login). I can log into my account with no issues at all and as I said the app seems to get past the login point and stops during the 'detecting services' point. Its a real shame as its a great looking app that only needs to be able to rotate in lanscape mode to be exactly what I need.

Hi jj0502,

That certainly doesn't sound great at all. Have you only experienced this since we updated the app to v1.01 last night, or has this always been an issue for you?

Either way, if you could please send through your My Account username to Telstra24x7Apps@team.telstra.com we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Luke

Occasional Contributor
fmoffat
0 Kudos

Luke... regarding your invitation, I have 4 Telstra accounts to keep track of and I like the app.  Also, look forward to 'screen rotate' functionality in the near future (particularly for my tablet).

Established Member
jj0502
0 Kudos

Luke_M wrote:

Hi jj0502,

That certainly doesn't sound great at all. Have you only experienced this since we updated the app to v1.01 last night, or has this always been an issue for you?

Either way, if you could please send through your My Account username to Telstra24x7Apps@team.telstra.com we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Luke

Thanks Luke.  I've e-mailed through my account username.  I've been having the issue since I first installed the app when it was released.  I was hoping the 1.01 release may have rectified the problem but as nobody else seems to be mentioning it then it must be something unique to me.

John

Occasional Contributor
Devilman05
0 Kudos

great app and development is Coming along nicely

Any chance of adding a balance of cap/credit remaining?

Or is it there somewhere and I just can't find it? (don't mean data)
dcrowell

Hi Devilman05,

Great comment and this is most definitely something that we have seen in some demand.  These comments are duely noted and this feature is one we are looking at for the future.

Cheers

Duncan