Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

steve_rayner61
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Telstra Online Text Buddy

Can anyone from Telstra tell me why Telstra online Text Buddy is now returning the following error when I attempt to login "Communications error: Telstra online Text Buddy is unable to send request: An error occured in the secure channel support - Please contact the Telstra Online Text Buddy Help Desk for further assistance"

This product was working this morning.

Ben_J
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra Online Text Buddy

Hi Steve,

Are you still having the problem? Let me know and I'll get our tech people to have a look.

- Ben J.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Kims
0 Kudos

hi

Since my windows 7 was updated with the latest patch when I try to log on to Telstra Text Buddy I get the following error...

"Communications Error: Telstra Online Text Buddy is unable to

send request:An error occurred in the secure channel support"

can you advise me of the fix

tks

Kim

Technical Support
Matt_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi Kims,

Unfortunately the Online Text Buddy is no longer available to download. But it sounds like a Windows 7 patch may have caused an issue there.  If you still have the program installed you can try going to Tools > Options > then under the communications tab make sure "use windows settings" is checked. Select OK and try sending a SMS again.

If you require to re-install the program you wont be able to as the product has been discontinued. If you are a business customer there is an alternative service named Telstra Desktop Messaging which can be used. 

I hope this information clears it up.

-Matt W

Telstra Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
Frequent Visitor
jokerman
0 Kudos

Hi, I have got the same problem as a few other people, in so much as when I try to log into my Telstra online text buddy, I get this message:

"Communications error: Telstra online Text Buddy is unable to send request: An error occured in the secure channel support - Please contact the Telstra Online Text Buddy Help Desk for further assistance"

It appears that this problem came up after windows 7 64bit updates. I have gone back to a time before the updates, via System restore, but no difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.........Regards Arthur.

New Contributor
Nakkas
0 Kudos

So if it is no longer supported, what do we use now. I use this program a lot. Stopped working a couple of weeks ago..

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

HI Nakkas, if you have an ABN or ACN then you can take up our Desktop Messaging service as an alternative - you can find more information at http://goo.gl/fa4ueK;

Greg
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

Occasional Visitor
Kunjal_Law
0 Kudos

hi, i want to add my partner name in the bill so what do i need to do.

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

Hi Kunjal_Law, if you speak to our teams on 13 22 00 or via online chat at http://goo.gl/11oUE they can update the account so invoices are sent in both names.

Greg
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team