Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

jasewong
Accepted Solution

How do I recharge my prepaid 4G mobile broadband modem? I do not know the service number...

I have a 4G ZTE device (http://cdn-us1.idg.com.au/gim/id/57971/res/21). However I don't know what the service number is in order to recharge the device as required on the payments method page: http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/ways-to-recharge/

The number doesn't appear to be written on the SIM (should be a 10 digit number). Is there a way to get the device to show it's service number?

This really should be an easy process - after all I'm trying to pay for the service, but it is so difficult to recharge.

Honoured Contributor
Jupiter

Re: How do I recharge my prepaid 4G mobile broadband modem? I do not know the service number...

The 10 digit number it is asking for is the 10 digit "phone" number that is assigned to the device. eg 0427 XXX XXX, yes mobile broadband devices are technically "phones" and have a phone number.

Go to http://192.168.0.1 or telstra.wifi.4g to open the User Interface for the modem.  Down the bottom of the screen there should be a link to "prepaid activation and account services".  You should be able to get the phone number frmo there.

Occasional Contributor
Lawrence
0 Kudos

Re: How do I recharge my prepaid 4G mobile broadband modem? I do not know the service number...

I assume you threw the box it came in where all of the information was on the side away!! pull the sim out and put it in a mobile phone and ring another mobile the number should be displayed on the receiving phone

Tech Bar Team
JCKH

Hey jasewong,

easiest way to go to get around this is navigate to www.myprepaid.telstra.com/wbb while connected with your 4g USB and it will bypass any login requirements and allow you to recharge directly.

Let me know how you go :smileyhappy:

Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
jasewong

Good idea... only thing was the SIM card wouldn't fit in my phone. They use the smaller SIM cards.

jetpilot
0 Kudos

Thank you so much jase... saved my life I was pulling my hair out and ur help fixed it hahaha happy new years much appreciated xD
Chocolaterabbit
0 Kudos

I do no the number so how do I go about recharging by a voucher
thedylan
0 Kudos

Hey Chocolaterabbit,

You just need to purchase a voucher and then follow the directions on the voucher.

-Dylan

Dylan
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines