Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
markkemp
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Is a Telstra 4G SIM transplantable to a 4G modem?

I have a Telstra 4G SIM in a tablet—can it be placed in a 4G modem (e.g. a prepaid modem, replacing the SIM in there)?

TIA

Community Leader
Drat

Re: Is a Telstra 4G SIM transplantable to a 4G modem?

If both the tablet and the modem have mini-SIM (as opposed to micro-SIM or nano-SIM) slots, then yes, you can physically “transplant” the SIM between the devices.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
New Contributor
markkemp
0 Kudos

Re: Is a Telstra 4G SIM transplantable to a 4G modem?

Great, thanks—the local T-Shop fellow just said 'no', but I think he'd rather sell me the modem on a plan!

>