CROWDSUPPORT ®

Quinco
0 Kudos

Mobile Broadband Data Usage Meter

The "New" web site. Well, prior to the new web I could access the Data Usage Meter, but not now.  This link used to get me there, but now now!

https://es.telstra.com/MobileDataUsageMeter/index.jsp?theme=tb#Usage

Did the live chat - told to ring Billing? Pretty usefull this live chat, not. Rang billing, don't know, they "GUARANTEED" they would call me back by 1700hrs, never did as usual. Still don't know wht's going on, BTW, this is a Telstra Business Wireless Broadband service. Customer service, I don't think so!

Community Leader
Drat

Re: Mobile Broadband Data Usage Meter

[ Edited ]

So, do you have a question for us (fellow users of CrowdSupport, who may or may not be on Telstra's payroll), or was that just a grievance you wish to air and share?

This link used to get me there, but now now! 

There is still a ‘Login’ button, on the Check my mobile data usage page, that is hyperlinked to the same URL (sans the string from and after the question mark). Clicking on it in Internet Explorer 8 just now didn't take me anywhere; on the other hand, in Firefox 11 (on Windows 7), I was able to bring up the Mobile Data Usage facility with all my previous set-up intact.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

With the exception of some SSL Certificate issues (I'm having them all over telstra.com at the moment) I'm able to access my data usage on that link.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Quinco
0 Kudos

My question is, how do I access the Mobile Data Usage Meter?
Tried using IE8 and Chrome, same result, get the login button, click it then page not found....
Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just tried it using Google Chrome (17.0.963.78 m) on Windows 7, and it worked.

As mentioned previously, it also works in Mozilla Firefox 11.0.

It doesn't work properly in Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 – no Page Not Found error, but the Loading operation once I get to the Mobile Data Usage Meter page never completes, and the two curved arrows just keep going around in circles.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Actually, I've now seen it work in both Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 (but only when the latter was in Compatibility View), so the browser isn't really the issue.

It works when my laptop is connected to the Internet via BigPond Cable. It doesn't work when I use a Telstra Mobile Broadband connection instead. It also doesn't work when I use my tablet, which has a Next G Cap Plan SIM in it, either as a personal Wi-Fi hotspot or as the browsing device itself.

I personally think it makes no sense, since it's naturally more important for users of Next G phone and mobile data services to be able to access the Mobile Data Usage Meter, without having to make use of some other form of Internet access.

——

marty000
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ive tried this link and it doesn't work ... been having the same problem here, can't get to data usage page..

agav
0 Kudos

yeah same here , i have reported it got bounced around for over an hour on the phone and got nowhere and no answers.2 more calls and aparently there is a fault [ surprise surprise ] at their end and the techs r supposedly working on it. the last provider i used had such a simple and realiable meter. so the question begs why does telstra make it so hard and unreliable?? mayby so people overuse and then they get more money??? hmmm makes ya think!!!

Occasional Visitor
Willie
0 Kudos

I found a Telstra techi that solved the problem for access to business  plan usage.

Go to

http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/

under the Log in to Self Service click on 

My Account for Business

Down the right hand side under Quick Access click on Mobile Data Usage Meter (MDUM)

Then log in as usual

Voila - to see details click usage notice or something briefly then back to Data Usage

Cheers

Titan
0 Kudos

Hi All,
I can confirm that the access to the Mobile Data Usage Meter from the new portal did not work correctly due to a network configuration problem. This was since resolved and the access has been fixed. Problem was due to the way mobile internet traffic was routed through the new proxies onto the data usage site.