Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Visitor
srackley
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G

Hi, does the Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G device have an LAN port? Would i be able to connect my Foxtel HD box to it? I would like to have all my services with Telstra but unfortunately because of the FTTH connection in my building, Telstra ADSL/Cable services are not available at this stage (My Foxtel is via satellite) My current FTTH service provider is REALY bad!! What can I do?

Contributor
Chegzilla

Re: Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G

If you have the SACW760S model, then you would need to purchase the docking cradle (retails between $240 and $300, depending on the store you go to). Check it out here.

I would strongly suggest contacting somebody from Foxtel to see whether or not you can use Mobile Broadband with your Foxtel HD Box, because there may be certain limitations or restrictions (ie: you may only be able to do it if the modem is associated to a BigPond Mobile Broadband Plan, not a Telstra Mobile Broadband Plan)

I hope this points you in the right direction :smileyhappy:

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.
Honoured Contributor
Kalak

The Aircard cradle linked above can be purchased directly from Telstra (over the phone or Live Chat) for only $199.

I personally have one and it works great.

With regards to using it with Foxtel, there is no reason it won't work, but be aware that you may find that not all the content you want to access is unmetered, and that Wireless Broadband is variable in performance from one moment to the next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
embee
0 Kudos

My Wi-Fi 4G  gets extremely hot when it is charging and also when it is not plugged in.  Can you help please.

Ashley
0 Kudos

Hi Embee,

Best to give our Tech Support team a call on 133933 so we can look into what is happening for you

Ashley
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines