Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Contributor
smadge1
0 Kudos

Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Connection Manager

Having installed the Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Connection Manager from the Sierra Wireless USB301 (Telstra Turbo) 3G modem, am I able to use it with my old ZTE MF626 USB Wireless Broadband modem as well? (I have currently lent it to a friend, so I can't test it)

I bought the Sierra Wireless USB301 (Telstra Turbo) 3G modem because I wanted a spare, and it was on special for $35, I'd like to think that the Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Connection Manager would work with both modems.

Occasional Contributor
ohhaiijade
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Connection Manager

Referring to this page : 

http://www.telstra.com.au/bigpond-internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/support-updates/

Apparently the USB Modem will install the software if it is required, if both modems are compatible with the software already on the computer than it should just work. :-)

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z. I've always wondered why the alphabet isn't in order on the keyboard.
Contributor
smadge1
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Connection Manager

[ Edited ]

OK, so the connection manager that comes with the ZTE modem doesn't work with the Sierra Wireless modem or vice versa

I've installed the respective Connection Managers to their respective folders

Telstra Turbo Connection Manager SW\

Telstra Turbo Connection Manager ZTE\

and the correct connection manager will load upon modem insertion.

Not a perfect solution, but workable.