Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Tangence
Accepted Solution

Unlocking Telstra MF60

Hi there,

I'll be going overseas in about a month and would like to know how much it would set me back to unlock my Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi MF60 device? Does it get any cheaper if I've had it for longer than a certain period of time? (I've had it almost 7 months...)

Cheers!

Tech Bar Team
JCKH

Re: Unlocking Telstra MF60

Hey Tangence,

We use the IMEI of the device to find out the cost for you, a little webform we use internally then throws up the required figure once we input it. Generally though most prepaid devices drop to $27.50 to unlock after the first 6 months of purchase.
You contact the unlocking group on 1258880 then option 1 then option 4
Hope that points you in the right direction :smileyhappy:
Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Tangence
0 Kudos

Brilliant! Cheers.
Community Leader
jokiin
0 Kudos

check where you're going that the frequencies the MF60 users are available on the network you intend to use, there are a few different standards used throughout the world, knowing what your device supports and what a network you want to use offers beforehand can save some grief
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
AileenCGN
0 Kudos

Hi!

I bought the device in sept/oct 2011 while travelling in OZ. Now I'm back in germany and would like to have it unlocked, cause I won't use the device in any Telstra network for the next years.

How can I proceed? Calling a phone number is quite difficult from germany... is there any other way to get the 16-digits-unlock code for the MF60?

Cheers!

Aileen

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

AileenCGN wrote:

Hi!

I bought the device in sept/oct 2011 while travelling in OZ. Now I'm back in germany and would like to have it unlocked, cause I won't use the device in any Telstra network for the next years.

How can I proceed? Calling a phone number is quite difficult from germany... is there any other way to get the 16-digits-unlock code for the MF60?

Cheers!

Aileen

You may be able to get assistance from Pre-Paid LiveChat: http://bit.ly/PrePaidChat

You may also need to call Telstra from Overseas: 00 61 132200 and say "Unlock"

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

AileenCGN
0 Kudos

After using the chat (phonecalls will cost a fortune) they told me, it'll be 100$ to unlock the MF60 although I purchased it more than six months ago. Even though I referred to this thread they insist on the fee.

This is very useless to me, as I have now a Wifi Modem which I can't use, cause I'm not (and won't be the next years) in Australia... :smileyfrustrated:

Aileen

kyteflyer
0 Kudos

They don't just pay attention to the time, they also pay attention to how much you spent during the time you have it.  eg: I bought one, used only a small amount of the included 5GB data because the Telstra wifi has gone to god where I live now, and even though its been over a year, will cost me the full amount to get it unlocked, which I'll probably need to do if I want to sell it to anyone. I never recharged, for obvious reasons.