Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
DeanC
0 Kudos

Using bonus credit

I have a Telstra Elite dongle and mobile BB. I have $20 bonus which I was told was talk and text .

I have tried the sim in an unlocked  Nokia that is only 12 months old (dont know the model) and an older nokia (unlocked also) and niether of them get a signal even though I get 5 bars on internet. How can I use the talk and text bonus if it wont work in my phones. TIA

Community Leader
jokiin

Re: Using bonus credit

get a compatible phone I guess, I use the same service in an iPhone without issue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

DeanC wrote:

I have tried the sim in an unlocked  Nokia that is only 12 months old (dont know the model) and an older nokia (unlocked also) and niether of them get a signal even though I get 5 bars on internet.

Have your Nokia handsets ever been successfully used (or are otherwise known to work) on Telstra's Next G network?

How can I use the talk and text bonus if it wont work in my phones.

1. You can use a call/SMS capable device that is compatible with the Next G network (ie. UMTS on the 850MHz band). There are many different models and types (including phone handsets, tablet devices, and mobile broadband modems) in the market.
  2. You can send (and receive) SMS messages using your Telstra Elite USB 3G modem, in conjunction with the Connection Manager software application which runs on the Microsoft Windows platform.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Occasional Contributor
DeanC
0 Kudos

No ...only vodafail (Thats why I am now with Telstra) ...Guess I need another phone ...goody ...time to go shopping hehehe.

>