Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

0 Kudos

Switching from optus to telstra

Hi,

I am planning on moving from Optus to Telstra, but I have a question, which I don't think it has been answered yet.

The optus number I am using now is actually given to me by a family friend who moved to Korea. The contract has already expired and I am just using pre-paid to charge my phone credit. Is it possible to change to Telstra and keep the same number or do I have to get a new number because I am not the original owner of the number I am currently using?

0 Kudos

Re: Switching from optus to telstra

Hi, I hope you're enjoying a connection on our network soon! A number can be transferred between carriers as long as it's in your name - if your friend who moved to Korea changed their account/number with Optus into your name before departing then you'd be able to place an order with Telstra to move the number over to our network. 

Greg

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines