Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Contributor
tg01
0 Kudos

ADSL: Premium Home Network Gateway or T-Gateway ?

Hi Telstra,

I see there are 2 options for ADSL modems: Premium Home Network Gateway or T-Gateway.

What is the difference ?

Tim

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Re: ADSL: Premium Home Network Gateway or T-Gateway ?

T-Gateway is newer it seems.... Other then that they look similar in specs

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

The T-Gateway can also be used to access the NBN and Telstra Velocity services in addition to ADSL/ ADSL2+ which is the main difference :-)

Steph
Senior Moderator
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Honoured Contributor
Lathania

The main differences are a few changes in the software to better support voip, a FXO and a FXS ports.

@Steph The premium home network gateways can be used on Velocity & NBN for internet connection but are not provided voip support. Perfect for Brownfield NBN customers but not Greenfield who wish to use a landline.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.