Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Micko
0 Kudos

Can't connect smart TV to wireless modem

Hi Guys hope u can help me.

I just purchased a LG smart TV. When I try and connect to the wireless modem it wont connect. 

I have a Thomson TG782T Modem and I have tried to play with the settings with no luck.

The TV picks up the modem but when I enter the security key it try's to connect but after about 30 seconds it just says "not connected to network"

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mick

Telstra Products & Services Team
Chi
0 Kudos

Re: Can't connect smart TV to wireless modem

Micko wrote:

Hi Guys hope u can help me.

I just purchased a LG smart TV. When I try and connect to the wireless modem it wont connect. 

I have a Thomson TG782T Modem and I have tried to play with the settings with no luck.

The TV picks up the modem but when I enter the security key it try's to connect but after about 30 seconds it just says "not connected to network"

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick,

Can you advise what firmware version you are running on TG782T?

Also what Smart TV are you using?

Regards,

Chi

Micko
0 Kudos

Hi Chi, The TV is an LG lcd 55 inch. 

Not sure about the firmware.

I have been told that I cant get the required speeds with this old modem so I have just purched a new one, hopefully when it arives it will solve my problems.

Chi
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

The TG782 is an 802.11G WI-Fi gateway, so the range and throughput is on the lower side.

However, if you are not streaming any HD content over WI-Fi for general purpose of accessing application via the LG interactive menu, the gateway's Wi-Fi performance should still be ok.

Do let us know if you require any further assistance with this device.

Chi