Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Honoured Contributor
Extreame
Accepted Solution

Can't login/change password - Cisco EPC3925

[ Edited ]

Many people can get caught out with the Cisco's complicated login system, but there is a simple solution.

If you have the latest firmware version - 100512c-TLS

1) Open the modems GUI:

http://192.168.0.1 (Router mode)

or http://192.168.100.1 (Bridged mode)

2) Username = admin

3) Password = password

If you have the older firmware - 090915x-TLS

1) After a full hard reset (see image bellow), login to the modems GUI via: http://192.168.0.1

2) On the Status DOCSIS WAN page, leave the User Name and Password field blank and click Log In.

3) The gateway opens with an Administration Management page in the forefront (make sure all pop up blockers are OFF).

4) You can use the Administration Management page to change your User Name and Password.

At this point you are logged into the gateway. You can select any of the setup and management web pages. 

However, you were directed to the Administration Management to serve as a reminder to set up a new password.

(We've turned this into a knowledge based article)

Left CrowdSupport as of July 2013, since the recent website changes I cant find people's threads who need my help, I gave up!

If you need my help, you can find my website address in my profile - or do a Google search for 'Extreame Forums".
Paddy132A
0 Kudos

Re: Can't login/change password - Cisco EPC3925

Can you please confirm that a full factory reset will not upset any Telstra specific settings in the Cisco EPC3925?

Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team
Chi
0 Kudos

When you do a 'full factory reset' to the supplied Cisco HNG, it will not impact any Telstra specific settings.

Honoured Contributor
Extreame
0 Kudos

There is no Telstra specific settings on the unit.

The settings are controlled by the configuration file that is downloaded to the modem during authentication.

A Cable modem will work out of the box, and this is what you are doing if you factory reset the unit.

Left CrowdSupport as of July 2013, since the recent website changes I cant find people's threads who need my help, I gave up!

If you need my help, you can find my website address in my profile - or do a Google search for 'Extreame Forums".
danielisbuzz

I have two problems.  The second may have no relation to this thread, but i'm hoping they're somehow related:

1. I can't login to my Cisco EPC3925 router without performing a hard-reset.  After a hard-reset i can login using the default username and password, but as soon as I logout (or the page expires) I can no longer login.  This happens both if the default username/password combo are left unchanged, or if i modify them.

The router has acted this way since it arrived in mid 2011, and I think I have the latest firmware (epc3925-ESIP-11-v302r12911-100512c-TLS.bin).  Have tried this in both Internet Explorer 9 and Chrome.

Am I missing something?

2. i can't connect wireless DLNA devices (a Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile) through the routers WiFi connection.  None are recognised in either direction (although wired connections between TV,  PC, and NAS work fine).

I have just been through the process of disconnecting the Cisco and replacing it with my old Netcomm NB6Plus4Wn ADSL2+ router (obviously without internet connection) and found that DLNA devices are then detected.  Am now back with the Cisco and nothing's changed.

Could this be a configuration issue, or some sort of fault with the Router?

MikeTheGodlike
0 Kudos

did you find a solution to problem 1? got the same **bleep** going on here... im not a bigpont/telstra customer, im a swiss guy, theres so bigpont here, but i got the same router from my cablecompany and the same **bleep**ing problem, after a hard reset, i have access, but just as long as the device is scanning ports. as soon as it gets the connection, im unable to connect, i cant even get an error page. it just says the connection was reset while loading the page. tried both 192.168.0.1/192.168.100.1

please help... it works at full speed but i need to change some settings and forward some ports
Raijin
0 Kudos

did u find a out how to fix problem 1, ?

danielisbuzz
0 Kudos

unfortunately no!
One day (a year or so ago) it just started working normally.
As I didn't notice when it happened, I don't know what changes I'd made to my pc. But things like upgrade to win 8, New antivirus software, Windows updates are all possible.
I hope you figure out out.
Help & Support Team
CrowdSurfer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just a quick note so say we've also added this as a knowledge based article.

CrowdSurfer..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If we've been able to answer your question, please tag the answer as an accepted solution - this will make it easier for the rest of the community to locate the answer too ."