Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

0 Kudos

TG587n v3 Firmware update

I have recently installed the TG587n V3 received as part of the Telstra bundle and it is running firmware 8.4.4.H.

I would like to update it to the latest level (8.4.4.J??) to see if it fixes a few LAN problems I am having.  It has not updated automatically over the last few days of operation.  Is there some way to get the update scheduled soon?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Re: TG587n v3 Firmware update

Heya lamprufus,

You'll find some information on the TG587n V3 Firmware update via the following thread:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/New-4G-Modem-amp-Bigpond-Technicolor-TG587n-v3...

Hope this sheds some light. :smileyhappy:

Renee :smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

Thanks for the information.  I had already read that thread and it seems inconclusive and a somewhat random process.

My modem has been on and installed for several days.   How does the Telstra system check for its existance and perform the update?  Do Telstra run a monthy cycle around all the modems and check they are up to date or does a person at Telstra have to initiate the upgrade to the firmware in each modem/router?.  I thought that if it was an automatic process when a new modem is detected, that mine would have been upgraded by now. 

Is there anything I can do to initiate the upgrade please?

0 Kudos

Except this article you mention has nothing to do with the software upgrade.
Elsewhere on this site I discovered EVERYBODY is having trouble with the fact that the modem doesnt support NTFS external drives for the media player. The promised "automatic" upgrade seems to be just a rumour since my modem has been on for several months and still has the old version of firmware. Who on this planet makes a device thats not capable of using NTFS formatted drives.  My T-Box finds the usb drives but the modem (wow - it's also a media server..) cannot find the usb drive.
You cannot download the files and do it yourself.

0 Kudos

my modem has no problem seeing my hard drive and it was working like a treat for about 2 weeks, now all of a sudden it gets 20 minutes into a movie and just drops out and disapears is anyone else having this trouble and is there a solution

0 Kudos

how do i know if my technicolor modem is using the latest firmware update?

If it is then what is next best option to obtain a faster internet? Like what do Telstra recommend to upgrade to?

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi riverview, 

Currently the latest firmware for the TG587 is 10.3.U.9.B. 

As for faster internet we would need to know further information.  What type of connection are you currently using ADSL, Cable, NBN  etc.   

Depending on what you are using and what is available to you will determine the answer.

You can check to see what types of internet connections are currently available at your address by visiting the following website and entering in your address.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/home-broadband

- Ben

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message
You can connect to us here:
& 24x7 Online Chat