CROWDSUPPORT ®

lamprufus
0 Kudos

TG587n v3 Firmware update

I have recently installed the TG587n V3 received as part of the Telstra bundle and it is running firmware 8.4.4.H.

I would like to update it to the latest level (8.4.4.J??) to see if it fixes a few LAN problems I am having.  It has not updated automatically over the last few days of operation.  Is there some way to get the update scheduled soon?

Thanks,

Renee
0 Kudos

Re: TG587n v3 Firmware update

Heya lamprufus,

You'll find some information on the TG587n V3 Firmware update via the following thread:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/New-4G-Modem-amp-Bigpond-Technicolor-TG587n-v3...

Hope this sheds some light. :smileyhappy:

Renee
Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
lamprufus
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

Thanks for the information.  I had already read that thread and it seems inconclusive and a somewhat random process.

My modem has been on and installed for several days.   How does the Telstra system check for its existance and perform the update?  Do Telstra run a monthy cycle around all the modems and check they are up to date or does a person at Telstra have to initiate the upgrade to the firmware in each modem/router?.  I thought that if it was an automatic process when a new modem is detected, that mine would have been upgraded by now. 

Is there anything I can do to initiate the upgrade please?

Aussieworker
0 Kudos

Except this article you mention has nothing to do with the software upgrade.
Elsewhere on this site I discovered EVERYBODY is having trouble with the fact that the modem doesnt support NTFS external drives for the media player. The promised "automatic" upgrade seems to be just a rumour since my modem has been on for several months and still has the old version of firmware. Who on this planet makes a device thats not capable of using NTFS formatted drives.  My T-Box finds the usb drives but the modem (wow - it's also a media server..) cannot find the usb drive.
You cannot download the files and do it yourself.

oconnorclan
0 Kudos

my modem has no problem seeing my hard drive and it was working like a treat for about 2 weeks, now all of a sudden it gets 20 minutes into a movie and just drops out and disapears is anyone else having this trouble and is there a solution