Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

the_maco26
0 Kudos

Upgrading Modem

Hey, i currently have a really slow telstra modem that has a download speed no faster then 3mbps i am thinking of upgrading my modem and just need a few qestions answered. Can i use a non telstra modem with a telstra plan? What would be a good modem to get that would give me AT Least 10mbps. I am on a 200gb ADSL2plus plan and live in Lilydale Victoria.

DanK
0 Kudos

Re: Upgrading Modem

Unless you are using an older ADSL modem that does not support ADSL2+ then replacing the device is unlikely to make a whiff of difference to your achievable download speeds.

Did you previously receive faster speeds at that same location or have you noticed a change in internet speeds recently?

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
the_maco26
0 Kudos

Re: Upgrading Modem

Hey thx for your reply, turns out that i only have adsl and have just had it changed, i was doing a few speed checks as it was being updated and it was at 40mbps!!!! but after they said it had changed i now have even slower internet!!!