Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
StephenD
0 Kudos

NRL Full Match Replays- 7 Most Common Questions Answered

[ Edited ]

We've noticed a few questions about full match replays and wanted to give everyone the answers to some of those frequent queries in one place.

1. Where can I access full match replays?

Full match replays can be accessed via:

The video page on NRL.com - http://www.nrl.com/Video/tabid/10959/Default.aspx - simply select the “Replays” tab from the video carousel.
The Official NRL 2014 App on iOS or Android, within each fixture’s match centre or the Video section

2. Do I need a NRL Digital Pass to access full match replays?

Yes, you need a NRL Digital Pass to access full match replays. If you already have a NRL Digital Pass, simply log in via the “Log In” box in the top right corner of the video page. If you do not yet have a NRL Digital Pass, you can find more information here - https://digitalpass.nrl.com/

For Official NRL 2014 App users, you can also access full match replays (limited to App access only) with an in-app subscription.

3. Can I view full match replays of every season via NRL.com or the official NRL 2014 app?

The current full match replay archive is from 2010 to present, with additional content being added in the future.

4. How can I search for old content?

To search for old content on NRL.com, use the scroll arrows on the sides of the video carousel. We are also currently working on ways to improve this search functionality so you can search via season, round and club.

On the Official NRL 2014 app, you can filter the content that is displayed by selecting different filters, or change the competition by tapping on the trophy icon on the top right corner of the screen.

5.Are full match replays available outside of Australia?

Full match replays on NRL.com are only available from within Australia. To view information on the international broadcast arrangements visit - http://www.nrl.com/About/BroadcastInformation/InternationalBroadcaster/tabid/10443/Default.aspx

6. Are full match replays available straight after a match has completed?

Full match replays on NRL.com are available 12 hours after the completion of each match.

7. Can I watch full match replays of the Holden Cup?

Full match replays are only available for the Telstra Premiership, State of Origin and Test Matches.

If you have any additional questions about full match replays, I'd also recommend reading the complete list of support material via www.nrl.com, otherwise please post your full match replay question below and we'll get right onto it for you.

#straightinyoureyes 

Stephen
________
Need help with your account? You can Chat with us here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need community support? Send me a private message
jlo
jlo
0 Kudos

Re: NRL Full Match Replays

I have subscribed to digital pass and it says I am logged in but am unable to access the full match replays. Any assistance would be appreciated

thedylan
0 Kudos

How are you trying to watch those replays jlo? Through the app? On the website?

-Dylan

Dylan
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
StephenD
0 Kudos

jlo wrote:

I have subscribed to digital pass and it says I am logged in but am unable to access the full match replays. Any assistance would be appreciated

Happy to help:smileyhappy:

Can I ask for some more detail around this one? in addtion to what Dylan has asked, we'd need:

If via mobol- Device Model and Operation System version: e.g. iPhone 5S OS 7.1.0
Date and Time when issue occurred:
Location when issue occurred (Suburb, Postcode, State): e.g. Sydney, 2000 NSW
Screenshot of the error/error message:
Connection Type (WiFi or Mobile): e.g. WiFi

Thanks also for your private message:smileyhappy:

Stephen
________
Need help with your account? You can Chat with us here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need community support? Send me a private message
New Contributor
abhibeckert
0 Kudos

Re: NRL Full Match Replays- 7 Most Common Questions Answered

[ Edited ]

And what about bandwidth charges? Will it count towards my monthly download quota or not?

I'm a bigpond 4G customer.

DingoDan
0 Kudos

Hey abhibeckert,

It will depend on how you are accessing the app to view the live streams or match replays. If you have the mobile connected directly to the mobile network and are watching these games via the app then the data is unmetered and will not count towards your data usage at all. 

This is different if you are using a 4G WiFi device for the connection to the internet and the mobile is connected to this device wirelessly. In this setup you will incur data charges on the Mobile Broadband device as it is not connecting directly to the mobile network via the app. This will still not count towards your Mobile phone data, but rather the Mobile broadband device data allowance. 

Dingo
Please send Kudo's to replies you think are worthy :smileytongue:

MylesCov
0 Kudos

Everytime i try to watch replays it takes me to the 2 week free trial page even when i'm logged in.

Senior Moderators
Steph

Hi Myles, 

Did you purchase your subscription through your Mobile Phone, or on the NRL website?

Steph

Steph
Senior Moderator
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
Dookie
0 Kudos

Hi Steph,

I have a similar problem to Myles.

I purchased mine through the NRL website.

Any help would be appreciated to be able to watch full replays.

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Ok, 

I've passed the information to our NRL team so we can find out what's going on. 

Steph
Senior Moderator
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
Dookie
0 Kudos

Do the NRL tech support team work on weekends or is this something we will need to wait till next week for?

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi Dookie, 

Some weekends they are available, however being that this weekend is Easter, it's likely that we won't have an answer until during the week.

Steph
Senior Moderator

Live Chat with Telstra

Dookie
0 Kudos

No drama's.

Thanks for trying to help. 

gadget69
0 Kudos

hi. having same issue. select replay, tell me to log in, have, then when i select my game goes back to sign up page. spending two bucks a week to go around in circles.

ShannonD
0 Kudos

Hi gadget69,

To confirm,

Did you choose weekly, monthly or annual subscription?

What happens when you log in here https://matchcentre.nrl.com/

Do you get an error message when you log in?

What does it?

Are cookies enabled?

Have you tried it in an alternate browser?

Dookie
0 Kudos

Cheers Shannon.

Going over https://matchcentre.nrl.com/ works for me.

Contributor
Chiliwilly
0 Kudos

So, what you're saying is.

Because it is a long weekend, we won't get support for the service we are PAYING for???????

Dani39
0 Kudos

Hi Chiliwilly,

Are you still having issues with the streaming?

Jrome
0 Kudos

WE ARE ALL HAVING PROBLEMS! ARE YOU NOT READING ANYTHING WE WRITE!?

Dani39
0 Kudos

Certainly are Jrome

Laptop Live Streaming is currently unavailable and it is a known issue they are working on. Have you tried on another device such as a phone or a tablet?

Contributor
Chiliwilly
0 Kudos

Yes I am Dani.

Ben has already responded to me basically saying they have no idea what the problem is.

I don't expect anything more from you either.

TIO will sort it out for me.

NRL Support
NRLDSupport
0 Kudos

Hi Chiliwilly,

What issue are you experiencing?

mikejoyce
0 Kudos

Im also paying to go around in circles, i log in - it says im logged in then i click on the replay and it takes me back to the sign up page!

This is disgraceful.

Using the match centre aknowledges that im logged in but i cant find the replays in the match centre. I can't believe a service riddled with faults is being sold for profit

Angela_Telstra
0 Kudos

Sorry mikejoyce, that's not the experience we want for our customers.

If you could PM us with your Telstra ID for this I can get that looked into 

Angela

jerometg
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem, so frustrating

Regular Visitor
Dene
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Angela,

It has nothing to do with any individual customer. It is just another complete screw up on the part of the website, and whoever is in control of making it function.

Now when I log in to NRL digital pass on a PC it says "Welcome Dene - Get NRL digital pass" right next to a button which says "LOG OUT"

When one tries to watch a full match replay it again diverts to the NRL digital pass sign up page.

I'm not sure if this is more trouble due to Heartbleed, but someone needs to get their act together and fix this. This service which I have been paying for has been an absolute disgrace right from the start. 

Thanks,

Dene

EDIT: I should add I have tried in both Chrome and Opera (same thing really), tried deleting all cookies/history etc. All of the usual troubleshooting things. The problem is on Telstra's end.

Ashley
0 Kudos

Hi Dene,

This is being investigated by our NRL team. In the mean time, you can watch match replays through the Match Centre

Ashley

19ninety9
0 Kudos

Any idea when the laptop access will be fixed.

I live OS and can't get the app.

ps dont you think all this should of been sorted before you went live. I thought the NRL was loaded now, its a bloody disgrace, I can watch AFL, NFL, NHL & Hyundai A-League live and replayed with two clicks off the mouse, just another reason this sport is 10 steps behind the rest of the world.

I'll give it a couple of days before I go back to illegal streams, which are ironically 70000000 x more reliable.

M.

Ashley
0 Kudos

Hi 19ninety9,

If you are overseas you cannot use the Digital Pass, it is only for people living in Australia. To access matches while you are overseas have a look at this page: http://www.nrl.com/AbouttheGame/BroadcastInformation/InternationalBroadcaster/tabid/10443/Default.as...

Ashley

Established Member
HoldenV8
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am also experiencing exactly the same problem as everyone else.

Today is Monday, 28 April 2014. I got the digital pass yesterday because I live in Adelaide and we're being stuffed around by not having the NRL on GEM anymore (thanks Nine, good way to promote the game outside of NSW and Qld) and this is a cheaper alternative to signing up with Foxtel and pay for umpteen amounts of channels I will never watch.

But I digress. Every time I go to click on a game I want to watch (on my laptop. I don't have a tablet and refuse to watch on something as small as a phone).....shock horror I get sent straight back to the signup screen despite being ALREADY LOGGED IN.

Seems this is an issue at the Telstra/NRL end of things as most of us are having these problems. If something wasn't working properly before the season started.....WHY has it been released for profit? And they wonder why the NRL's reputation outside of NSW and Qld is a joke. I know people who watch games on the AFL website and they don't have a problem, its only on the NRL site there is a problem. Who's running it, the referees?

BTW.....Easter was last week. Shouldn't this problem have been sorted by now?

Edit: I can understand wanting to make money from it, but last year we could watch full replays for free on the NRL website and there wasn't a problem. Now you're charging people for the privilage and there are problems. Not good, not good at all.

DanK
0 Kudos

Can you please make sure that your browser is setup to allow cookies and, if possible, try and alternative browser?

If that doesn't work I need you to send me a private message with the following information. Please don't post it publicly as some of it shouldn't not be shared publicly.

Type of service (Cable/ADSL/Mobile Broadband/ NBN)?

Is Telstra your ISP?

What is your IP (If ADSL please turn off modem for 5 minutes and confirm if issue still persists) www.whatismyip.com

Type of browser that you are using (and version number)?

Have you attempted to use another browser? If so which type and version number: 

Confirm Location (state/Country) http://geoiptool.com

daremyth

hey

i wanted to watch the eagles v raiders game and every time i try it comes up the tigers v titans game. on the screen when you press info it says eagles v raiders...so its not me.

i think someone loaded the wrong game.

please fix it for me. i want to see my boys kicked some raider booty

thnx

lisa

DanK
0 Kudos

I have reported this issue to our NRL team to fix earlier based on feedback from another customer, regrettably I am not confident that it will be working this evening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jado
0 Kudos

Hi, yes please fix the eagles v raiders URL links urgently, that game contains the most scintillating performance in a half of a rugby league game all season.

JADO
Lindy
0 Kudos

hi Jado

The issue has been escalated to the NRL Team and we are hoping it will be fixed for you as soon as possible. 

-   Lindy 

Lindy :smileyhappy:

Need help? Why not check our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution

Jado
0 Kudos

Hi Lindy

Thanks, I notice they have broken the links so the Tigers v Titans match does not play but obviously still can't play the match.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Jason
Esther
0 Kudos

Hi Jado,

You can view the Tigers Vs Titans game here:

The NRL team are working on having the Eagles v Raiders game up ASAP

thanks

Esther

Esther
0 Kudos

Hi Jado,

Just a heads up that the Eagles Vs Raiders game is now available to view :smileyhappy:

Thanks 

Esther

Jado
0 Kudos

Thanks Esther!

I wish I checked this thread before I got on my 35 minute train ride home; I would have just seen 7 tries and 42 points scored if I did.
Established Member
HoldenV8
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sadly its a story of same (removed due to language), different day.

I have had the digital pass for 4 days now and not once have I been able to watch a match replay. Every single time I log in and try to watch a replay I get sent straight to the subscribe screen. I've followed links and solutions put up by mods (and I don't blame you guys for this because I don't shoot the messenger), and it ends up doing the same thing time and time again.

Sorry for my language but this is absolute (removed due to language)!!!!

DingoDan
0 Kudos

Hey HoldenV8,

Welcome to Crowd Support :smileyhappy:

I can appreciate your frustrations with the issues you have experienced with logging into the NRL Digital pass service. According to the previous posts on this issue it would indicate that the subscription was not successful and you have not started a subscription for this service as yet. How did you signup for this Digital Pass, was it from the NRL site or via an In-App subscription?

Have you tried starting a new subscription to see if this will let you access the site correctly and watch the games?

Have you experienced issues with accessing the Live Games or just the match replays via the Digital Pass?

More useful information already provided by the community about NRL is viewable via http://tel.st/NRLreadfirst

Dingo
Please send Kudo's to replies you think are worthy :smileytongue:

Established Member
HoldenV8
0 Kudos

Hi DingoDan

First of all, apologies for the language. Its just frustration coming out as I know people who subscribe to other sports websites (primarily the AFL) and none have experienced these problems.

I signed up via the NRL website, and while for the moment I only have the 2 week trial, if it works I am seriously looking at a full subscription because for me it is a much cheaper and more convenient way of watching games (primarily Manly games) than paying as much for a monthly subscription to Foxtel and getting umpteen channels in a package that I won't even watch. To me Foxtel is a waste of money until such time as they allow subscribers to pick what channels they want to watch rather than lumping them with packages that give the viewer channels most of us wouldn't bother with. But that's another story for another time.

How was my subscription unsuccessful when I am able to log in?

I haven't even tried to watch a live game yet. I signed up on Sunday evening in the hope I could at least watch Manly's win over Canberra and that I could watch the Anzac Test without having to wait for the game to come on GEM in the graveyard shift (we're being shafted big time here in Adelaide, so much for Nein showing the games live around the country.....). I can watch highlights and press conferences, but anytime I click on a match replay I just get sent to the subscription screen every single time without fail.

I'll try a new subscription and see how that goes. But I'm not confident of anything different right now.

HoldenV8

JesseS
0 Kudos

HoldneV8 - Keep us posted with how it goes with the new subscription and we can investigate further if needed.

Jesse

Established Member
HoldenV8
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Signed up for a new subscription and it was worse. The conformation e-mail (using a different address) hasn't even arrived and its 24 hours later.

Still can log in with my original one, but still can't watch a replay.

Its seriously getting to the point where I am not going to bother (I will, but not of this problem continues past this coming weekend). This has been a joke from the start.

JesseS
0 Kudos

Can you please what device you are accessing your subscription from? Have you checked our FAQ's to confirm that it is compatible? Please also include the version number of your handset.

FAQ's are available here: http://www.nrl.com/News/WatchLIVENRL/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/tabid/11397/Default.aspx

Jesse

ridetwe
0 Kudos

all thats pretty obvious

I clicked full match replys..was asked to login...did..but no replays ??

ScottBarratt
0 Kudos

Hi ridetwe.

Can you please also reply to the questions that Jesse asked? Are you encountering any error messages, or just not seeing any replays?

Cheers.

Scott

Redsea
0 Kudos

First off I can get the live matches on my tablet and also my smart phone so no problem there. I am yet another one of the crowd that is frustrated by trying to watch matches live on my PC which I would prefer. I am logged in but everytime I go to match centre I also get shoved off to the subscription page. Any update on the fix at all. Really annoying. I now know why I ditched my Bigond internet account even when I was working at bigpond tech support because the networks were so unstable and the plans were rubbish. Anyway I will not hold my breath for a fix but will check here and see what has happened over the next few days. 

Renee
0 Kudos

Heya Redsea,

Whilst full match replays are available to be viewed via laptop, tablets and mobile phones; it is not available via PC.

Renee :smileyhappy:

Frequent Visitor
thebspot
0 Kudos

Hi...I love the idea of the Digital Pass and yesterday deicded to use the Free 2 week trial befoe deciding to subscribe. I've had no problems with the Live games but Im having trouble getting access to Replays of older games. I've read your Tips about this, followed your instructions but no luck.

When I go to the link you advise and Log in and then click on an older game from the Carousel I am only ever given an option to watch highlights.

I have tried many times with several games and not succeeded.

It looks like I cant get access.

Help! 

Thank you