CROWDSUPPORT ®

mashau
0 Kudos

Fibre optic cable depth?

How deep should the fibre optic cable conduit be running from the Telstra pit in the street, to the house?  Our landscaper discovered the conduit running just about 7 - 10 cm under the surface!!  Fortunately they didn't hit the cable conduit or break it!  Who would be responsible for the installation of this conduit?  Telstra, NBNCo, or the builder of the house?  (This is a new house)

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Re: Fibre optic cable depth?

If you're in an NBN area and not a Smart Community then that would be NBNCo.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

cad
New Contributor
cad
0 Kudos

You can have a look at this link as this may help you:

http://telstra.com.au/smart-community/builders/

-------------------------------

My posts are strictly my own personal opinions or views, which doesn't represent Telstra in any form or way.
Contributor
TonyInTsv
0 Kudos

There is no legal requirement to have phone lines, copper or otherwise and any depth. Its not carrying any current and therefore not a safety issue. That's why its not uncommon for a temporary cable to be run along the fence line as an interim where the normal cable is damaged and replacing the is going to take time.
I'm a Telstra employee posting in my own time, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.
Contributor
TonyInTsv
0 Kudos

And as Lath said, if its NBN, you need to ask NBN Co.
I'm a Telstra employee posting in my own time, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.