Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Regular Visitor
callbeloved
0 Kudos

NBN 100mbps line drops speed to less than 1mbps after 7pm

[ Edited ]

All,

Was wondering if anybody is experiencing the same issue as mine... hope to see some solution.

I'm on $100 nbn 200GB data plan with expected download speeds to be ATLEAST 70mbps and 35mbps upload speed.

since the past  month, my internet speed drops below 1mbps after 7pm onwards. It is soo poor that after 10pm I can't watch youtube videos - as it takes forever to load.

Strangely - during the day, the download speed goes upto 45mbps - but I have never seen reaching 60mbps.

And the odd thing is - the upload speed remains consistant for 35mbps all through the day - and has been always fast.

Had series of calls with Telstra, but no help - they said, they have escalated to NBN (which is not in their control anymore).

But I'm paying my bills regularly for services that have been promised but not delivered.

Tried unhooking the Evg2000 modem and connecting the RJ45 cable to NBN box UNI-D 1 Port - and the issue remains.

Note: I'm using speedtest.net to check my internet speed and I have checked my speeds on a near new 2012 imac system, Windows 7 laptop, Ipad (using the modem wifi signal)...etc - the issue remains consistent across all systems with download speed drops terribly - low.

Guys appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Dave.

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Re: NBN 100mbps line drops speed to less than 1mbps after 7pm

Welcome to the NBN, where all customers are treated equally :smileyhappy:

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Sorry I'm late to the party. Definately sounds like an NBN network issue. Did you / Telstra get a response yet?

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Occasional Visitor
krs-annoyed
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same issues. Our internet stopped working a week ago when NBN upgrades were being done. We were at 1Gbps previous to that! Yes I know its fast! Now at 100Mbps. Have spoke to telstra as now internet drops out numerous times a day. Their solution switch off you modem and switch it back on! It doesnt fix the problem with their service! Am waiting on a call back....not holding my breath it took them a month to call back last time there was an issue!

So yes paying for a sevice which is not working, and Telstra dont care!

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Hi KRS,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

First of all can you provide results of a speed test from www.speedtest.net ? The maximum speed provided on the NBN is 100Mbps so you were never getting 1Gbps (1000Mbps). Hopefully I can help clarify what's happening with your service.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Established Member
Kado
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

HI,

I am having same or similar  issues. My connection speed constantly fluctuates between 12 meg and maximum of around 50 meg (hardly ever, maybe 1 out of 20 times).   I have complained to Telstra numerous times and have gotten no solution.  Also ping test is giving me various results ranging from grade A line to grade D with high packet loss/ jitter.. here is the link

http://www.pingtest.net/result/80797246.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2689077826.png

a minute or so  later

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2689079885.png

I am at my witts end. I have spent numerous HOURS on the phone with "tech"and they seem to always tell me ït will be fixed"or ït is fixed"" last time i rang them the guy told me to reset the modem while I was on the VOIP phone with him.....

Any help would be good.

Established Member
Kado
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

And once again a little while later, here is yet another result....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2689122018.png    speed test

http://www.pingtest.net/result/80800128.png   ping test

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Hi Kado,

Please keep your information of your issue to the thread you created http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/National-Broadband-Network-NBN/NEW-NBN-CONNECTION-NOT-FAST/m-p... so that we can provide the most help. I have replied to that thread and await your reply =)

athania

johnonline1
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have had the NBN for 4 days now and dueing the day it drops out about evry hour or so then come back on a few minites later but at about 3pm my speed is that slow that i cant even watch Utube or ot my take five mins to download my e-mail.

I have done speed tests and it telling me that i am getting 95000kbps down and 35000 kbps up but im not getting this on my computers and i have 4 in the house. I have rang telstra who i have a 2 year contract with and they cant help me and they tell me to ring the NBN byt there closed for the night and yesterday when i asked to be tranfered to them ,they told me that it will take adleast 5 days for my serive to run ok.

Its seems like a few peaple i have spoken to that have swapped to the NBN they are not happy with the service.

johnonline1
0 Kudos

3 weeks on and i still have slow speed and they don't know how to fix it.

Hooray NBN.

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

I personally missed this thread as it's already resolved, next time you're more likely to get noticed if you make your own thread =)

• Can you give me some more information?
  • What kind of speeds do you get?
  • What times do you test this?
  • Have you tried conencting via ethernet ?
  • Have you tried bypassing the modem and connecting directly to the NBN NTD? (The smaller of the two boxes on the wall)
  • Are you trying this on multiple devices?
  • Have you tried either factory resetting the modem or restarting the NBN boxes?

athania

johnonline1
0 Kudos

Hi callbeloved

i have the same problem as you u-tubes wont buffer 20-30 secs for page to load.

i have concted to the nbn modem in the garage and thats made no diffrence.

all concened are working on the problem.

johnonline1
0 Kudos

spped tests are 95000 most of the time put 20seconds to 2 mins to load web pages.

diffrent times of the day, problem is there nearly all the time.

wireless or lan dont make a diffrence.

direct into the ndt still doesnt fix it ,its a nbn issue for sure but as im geting up and down activety they tell me it ok.

i have reset modemds and telsrta have given me two to try,but with no modem the problems is still there.

i have to say telstra have been the best trying to get the nbn to check there equiment

as nbn was booked to come to my home today but likr i said i have up and down activity so they think itsm all good

even throgh i cant surf the net  or wacth utubes at all.

Regular Visitor
Regardz
0 Kudos

Is this affecting all wesites you visit, or just some ?  Also as a matter of interest are you located in Victoria ?

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Sounds like it's your computer dude, if you're testing at 95Mb direct to the NTD and it's still slow to browse I would look at trying another computer, disabling your anti-virus or even doing a full computer scan, upgrade / change your browser, upgrade your codecs etc.

athania