Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Established Member
lazsamuels64
0 Kudos

HTC HD7: Get media content now

Hi there.

I have received an MMS message on my Telstra HTC HD7. The hyperlink reads, "Get media content now.". When I click on the message nothing happens.

How do I open MMS messages on the HTC HD7? I have checked on the internet it appears that this is a widespread issue. Unfortunately none of the recommendations on various forums worked e.g. typing in APN settings.

Does the HTC HD7 support MMS on the Telstra network or not?

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Re: HTC HD7: Get media content now

I don't see why it wouldn't, you have set the MMS APN and restarted your phone afterwards?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra Employee
QwertFu
0 Kudos

The fix used to be: "From the Marketplace, search for HTC Connection Setup. Install, Open and follow the prompts for Telstra."

Can you let us know if this still works please :smileyhappy:

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
Established Member
lazsamuels64
0 Kudos

I think it's a case of waiting for the release of the Mango Commercial Refresh 3 software update, currently in testing according to aTelstra website. I am amazed that in this day and age a smartphone would be released that couldn't support MMS (my HD7 is a work phone so I didn't get to choose the handset).

From a Vodafone website:

What’s included in the update?

Email, messaging and data

• Audio and video attachments in MMS
  • MMS automatic delivery
  • MMS delivery confirmation
  • MMS receipt acknowledgement
  • Switch from SMS to MMS for long messages
  • Third-party social networks
  • Emails addresses without subject lines
  • SIM contacts
Established Member
lazsamuels64
0 Kudos

I was hoping that MMS support would be enabled after the last update (OS version: 7.10.8773.98  Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51201.841) but alas no.

The APN SETTINGS under Settings ->mobile network -> add apn are limited to: APN, Username, Password, Proxy server/URL and Proxy port.

MMS support on a Telstra HTC HD7 is still a dead duck.

>