Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Suzy_g
0 Kudos

Registering T-Box only log in using your primary BigPond Broadband

So After days of waiting for my home phone and Adsl to me relocated (apparently a system issue).. I attempted to set up the T-Box with no luck. when I went to the tbox setup page I kept getting the same response. Which I only have 1 log in.

"You can only log in using your primary BigPond Broadband account

If you can’t remember your primary account username and password, you will need to speak to a Customer Service Representative on 1800 331 402."

So I contact the above number and was told over the phone that they would register me and that they would organise a Level 2 to call in regards to this issue. This consultant told me that the call back would be this same day. So 6 hours later I called back to once again go through the same drama and then was told that no the Level 2 would contact me in 2-8 working days! What are you kidding! Not happy! So I ask for his T/L apparently they were busy. So I was put on a call back list. What a joke was that at 9:30pm last night I got a call from this so called T/L no help at all an hour long Call and still no help.
At this point if telstra can not sort out something as simple as this I will take all my services else where.

Occasional Visitor
Bigpoyter
0 Kudos

Re: Registering T-Box only log in using your primary BigPond Broadband

I was having the exact same issue last night.  Long 24x7 chat session followed by a couple of calls to me, still unresolved, was to be escalated to a "network engineer", although no timeframe for this was offered.  

I have tried again tonight and been successful at getting past the login issue from yesterday (no longer booting me out) however now am facing a different error after I enter the Registration code and type in a name for my T-Box.

"An external system error has occurred.
If the problem persists, call Support on 13 2200."

Oh the joy !

Technical Support
Jon_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, welcome to CS!

If I can grab both of your details (I'll send you both a PM) and we can check this out for you ASAP.

Cheers

Jon 

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
Suzy_g
0 Kudos

Thanks anyway finally got it all sorted. Now just to find how I get my $30 bigpond movie credit!
Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey Suzy_g,

I'm glad to hear that you finally got your T-Box Registration sorted.

Your $30 BigPond Movie Credit will also be credited to you automatically within 14 days from your T-Box being registered.

If you don't receive it after 14 days, please contact us or our BigPond Movies Team directly on 1800 502 502. Their operating hours are listed below:

Operating Hours

M - F: 09:30 - 23:00 EST
SAT: 11:00 - 23:00 EST
SUN: 12:00 - 22:00 EST

Thanks Duzy_g.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Baba
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I seem to be running into the Primary Username issue as well. 

I chatted to a Live Consultant yesterday and they used my credentials to login their side, but I have attempted with different browsers my side and now even at work with no success. 

Any help would be reaqlly appreciated as I am wanting to sign up by the end of the week.

Cheers

Bowen
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem....

Technical Support
Jon_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey there

Unfortunately, this issue is very common, you can read about it more here : http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Unable-to-register-my-t-box/td-p/173824 in particular this post : http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Unable-to-register-my-t-box/m-p/201545#M3910 which lists common issues why it may not be working for you on your end.

A trending issue effecting new users is that there may still be a order on your account that is still in provisioning which will effect your login to that rego website. In this case we need to wait till this goes into complete, this usually happens automatically after a few days, other wise just send me your details and I can take a look.   

You will need to send me your details via private message, ie bigpond username and T-box rego code. 

- Jon 

Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

Kapa
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Can you please assist me with registering my tbox - i am having the same issue.

Cheerrs

Technical Support
Jon_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi Kapa, 

Send me a private message and I'll be happy to take a look for you.

- Jon

Frequent Visitor
Bec887
0 Kudos

i'm having the same drama except mine has been like this for a while now.. i'd really love to log in and add some more channels. i've already registered my tbox and logged on over 2 months ago but haven't been able to lately. i've only got the one primary email address as well and it and my password work for everything else regarding telstra expect for this one website. it's the only thing i'm having a problem with and if my account is still provisionary is there a way to get that completed?

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Patrice
0 Kudos

Hi Bec887, 

In this instance if your password is working for other features on the site is to speak with our T-Box team specifically as they may need to escalate this further to have it investigated. The contact number that you would need to call is 1800 331 402 and they are open 24x7. 

-Patrice

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines