CROWDSUPPORT ®

TerryS
Accepted Solution

Replacement T/Box Remote

I think our T/Box remote has given up the ghost. Therefore I will need a replacement. Does anybody know how much they are and where I can get one from? I've been trying to ring Telstra Shops all day and the call goes to message bank each time, have they closed all there stores?

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Ben

Re: Replacement T/Box Remote

[ Edited ]

Hi Terry & welcome to CrowdSupport,

Our retail stores dont carry replacement remotes so I can save you some work there. All you need to do is get in touch with our T-Box tech support team on 1300136841 and they can arrange one to be sent to you.

In the mean time you can download a remote control app from the Apple iPhone App Store or Android Market and use that. There are some more details on this app.

Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=netgem.telstra

Apple App: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/t-box-remote/id462769308?mt=8

<edit: removed pic as didnt want to be seen by people and decided to break instead>

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Contributor
edrah0lic

Remote Control costs $30.. But yeah, you'll need to call TBox faults to purchase a new one. .

Or if it's proven to be faulty, they can send a replacement with no charge at all. =)

Super Contributor
crackojack
0 Kudos

To check your remote you could try this.

Test your remote

A bit crude bit it works

If the information you have gained from these forums has helped you, then please take the time to thank the author by giving them kudos.
Occasional Visitor
dchr79
0 Kudos

The t-box remote app is of no use as the app can't be used to turn on the t-box. Is there another way to turn on the t-box without a remote?
Occasional Contributor
HarryH
0 Kudos

Hi dchr79,

When the App remote was first launch it was not capable of turning on the T-Box but since the change that improved the start time of the box it can now be turned on using the remote app.

Note: I am a Telstra employee but am posting in my own time and not officiall representing Telstra.
Super Contributor
crackojack
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm not sure that this is exactly the case.

When the T-Box is in 'sleep' mode it's WiFi and Ethernet connections are active.

In 'deep sleep' (which is what happens after the time out period or you hold the power off button on) the connections shut down, presumably to save power, which makes sense.

Just to check this;

I set the T-box to a static IP and "Pinged" it from my PC.

No problem when it was "On" and in "sleep" mode.

"Unreachable" when in "deep sleep".

You should also be able to observe this by logging into your router and looking at your home network connections.

Put the T-Box into deep sleep and it shouldn't be observable on the network or it should be "inactive" (after a refresh of your router).

I also downloaded and installed the latest Android App (just to make sure) and could not get it wake from deep sleep.

I have an older T-box, so unless there has been a hardware change I can't see how it can be woken up via the network.

Happy to be told otherwise as I like the App:smileyhappy:

If the information you have gained from these forums has helped you, then please take the time to thank the author by giving them kudos.
Occasional Contributor
HarryH

Hi Crackojack,

Yes, you are correct in that the power button on the app will not work when the T-Box is in sleep mode but since the recent upgrade the T-Box will never go into deep sleep mode unless the user holds down the power button for more than a couple of seconds.

Super Contributor
crackojack

Hey HarryH, I hadn't realised this had been changed, thanks for the info.

@dchr79

In sleep mode (deep sleep) the LED light on the front should be dim and flash slowly (every 5 seconds).

You should be able to wake the T-Box up out of its sleep mode buy momentarily pushing the reset button on the bottom of the T-Box (don't hold it, just push it).

The LED light should brighten and flash a bit faster (Flashing every second)

Just wait a bit (be patient) and the T-Box should give you the "Hello" message and fire into life.

Once that happens and the T-Box establishes connection to your router you can use your phone pap.

If you don't put it in sleep mode (as HarryH has said). You shouldn't need to touch the reset button again unless you have a power failure.

Note this can only work if the T-Box has been previously paired with a remote and your internet connection set up.

If you do a full reset then you'll need a proper remote.

Contributor
edrah0lic

Without a remote, you can actually wake the T-Box up by pressing on the reset button once. (That's underneath the TBox, it's a flat button)
If it doesn't work, try holding the reset button down for 4 secs.
If it still won't work, hold it down for 9 secs.
SteveH0
0 Kudos

Brilliant app and saved marriage as remote broke during MKR. Thank you.