Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Established Member
Salsidorie
0 Kudos

Tbox channels

I know that tv1 finishes up today 31/12/13 but it gas already disappeared as a channel! Not happy
Established Member
auissetash2014
0 Kudos

Re: Tbox channels

Yep same here and the SciFi has gone too. I am disgusted because they are channels that were in the foxtel tbox bundles. So they take channels away but I am still paying. Not happy!!!!
Established Member
grahami2006
0 Kudos

Same here and no replacement.

Safi
0 Kudos

Same here! They replaced it by TvHits after midnight and you could watch it. But now it is greed out. I will give them few hours to sort things out before I cancel my subscription!
Established Member
jen000
0 Kudos

they want our money but give us no good channels not happy at all

Frequent Visitor
sue59
0 Kudos

Same problem. There were messages informing all of us that these 2 chanels were changing for sometime. My question is; why did Telstra/BigPond not do anything. They should have set up something or inform us of what to do instead of nothing. Not happy!!!

Safi
0 Kudos

Let us give them few hours to sort it out. If not, I think I will be one of many who will cancel for good!
Established Member
Salsidorie
0 Kudos

I'm fine with them changing but not giving access to a channel for most of the day is ridiculous
Community Leader
Wanglese

My Brother rang me today, his TV1 was not available.

I had him reset, then reset his licenses, that did no good, however, after a time, it all came good.

Be patient.

Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but my guess is it's temprorary.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.

I'm an accredited "Telstra Hero", but I don't work for Telstra, I'm here purely voluntarily to help out others and any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Safi

Just fixed it. Tbox help told me will put fix on TBox help as this issue affecting many subscribers. After reloading your subscription, turn modem off and on after 20 sec. You should also have put Tbox to sleep before that. Put modem back on and tbox. If still a problem refresh internet connection using system info on setting and pressing red button on your remote. Good luck
Community Leader
Wanglese
0 Kudos

Kudos, Safi for posting your solution.

I'm an accredited "Telstra Hero", but I don't work for Telstra, I'm here purely voluntarily to help out others and any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Community Leader
Wanglese
0 Kudos

@aussietash,

SciFi is now SyFy,  it was changed I think a year ago in the US, and Foxtel is merely catching up to align with the channel itself.

IOW, the channel itself changed.

In order to have legal rights to deliver it, they have to also change the branding and offering to match the actual owners of the channel.

Turner
0 Kudos

Tried that safi! No good! Any other ideas??
Community Leader
Wanglese
0 Kudos

My guess is be patient.

You can check your licenses via the Applications>subscribe to Foxtel app on the box, but that's only going to reassure you that your subscriptions are OK.

I thinnk it's ou of our hands ans there is nothing that can be done at the end user end (except as Safi has posted).

Brickbats to Telstra for not doing the OBVIOUS thing, and putting a status report on Channel 911. After all, that would be the obvious place to go to, right?

Also, you could try the Telstra status page, and put in your postcode.

http://servicestatus.telstra.com/ although I don't see anything that might refer to it.

I

Visitor
Rozzy
0 Kudos

I am in the same boat, I cant get tv hits either. Hopefully its just a gliche and they will fix it soon

vkmarty
0 Kudos

Same here. Tried all the reset options shown, no luck.

Next suggestion?

Established Member
auissetash2014
0 Kudos

I tried safis fix too but no good. Bit annoying. But hopefully it gets fixed
Established Member
Salsidorie
0 Kudos

Sadly, our New Years plan was to watch Seinfeld!
Established Member
auissetash2014
0 Kudos

Are any of you getting the SyFy one too? We aren't
Contributor
DanfromQLD
0 Kudos

Mine isn't working either. Apart from this, posting in Crowd Support is mediocre at best. You usually don't receive a reply from a rep for at least 7-10 days. At least Whirlpool questions are answered a little more quickly from reps if your with a competing ISP.

That's been my experience anyway with reps and replies in here....

Visitor
Ep81
0 Kudos

And not just have tvhits and syfy stopped working we've lost a heap of the music channels but still pay the same $$ not a happy customer here
altech
0 Kudos

OK ,all good have channel back, telstra fox guy said do a reset of your T-Box which is neat sticker on bottom of box ,light will turn off and hold for 15 -20 sec , do the setup stuff on your T-Box , check for channels that are missing. still not there ,then press your remote red botton for 10 sec to go sleep mode,then hold red button again for 5 sec . t-box will start up , after that go to free 2 air channel for 1 min , menu go to "watch foxtel channels" and check channels missing, all good , if contact Telstra and there might have to do a refresh on there end ....... enjoy alex

Established Member
Salsidorie
0 Kudos

Thanks but still not working. Taking the plunge and ringing...
Established Member
Salsidorie
0 Kudos

Apparently it's being worked on
vkmarty
0 Kudos

It took Tel$tra 6 days to do a < 24hr unbarring of our internet, and 3+ weeks waiting for a 3-5 day return box for a t-box warranty, so I'll believe they have this fixed when everyone here confirms it!!

Community Manager
DanK
0 Kudos

Hi All, just wanted to post and let you all know that we are definitely aware of this issue and that it is under investigation.

It appears that not all customers are affected and we are still tracking down the root cause for those that are. Some have found that the reset that was suggested above works so please do give it a try.

Settings > T-Box Information > Reset Options > Reset Subscription Licences

Settings > T-Box Information > Check internet connection [red button]

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
vkmarty
0 Kudos

Have done that - have reset subscription licences, reset all licences, reset modem, reset t-box, even tried banging my head against the wall for 2 minutes... none of them helped! (although the last one did make me feel better when I stopped...)

Third issue with Telstra in less than a monthl; first took 6 days and 12 operators + the ombudsman to fix, second is running at 3 weeks and counting, now we'll see how long it takes to resolve the third.

Seriously, is the t-box and Foxtel on t-box really worth all these issues? Alternate ISP's are looking better and better...

DrJohn
0 Kudos

Hi same problem

Tried everything and nothing Testra suggests works. Have had ongoing problems with T-box - lagging, freezing, missing channels. This technology is "Third World" and is an insult to tech savvy users. This is why piracy occurs.

vkmarty
0 Kudos

DrJohn wrote:

Hi same problem

Tried everything and nothing Testra suggests works. Have had ongoing problems with T-box - lagging, freezing, missing channels. This technology is "Third World" and is an insult to tech savvy users. This is why piracy occurs.

Yep.. Don't you just L-O-V-E it? Works great, as long as all you need is a free-to-air set top box, and I've seen much better STB units. With the T-Box you can't edit the order of the channels, you can only "skip" or "delete" channels. Even the most basic TV lets you edit the channel list so you can group all the same network channels together!

Oh well, guess we're the suckers that keep buying them! :smileyfrustrated:

Juanita
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OMG IT WORKED THANK YOU ALTECH

Andrea_R
0 Kudos

I have only just started with foxtel on t box I am so disappointed that there are so many music Chanel's on but no CMC Chanel which I really would have liked , and now I found out the SCI FI Chanel has been taken out of the entertainment bundle the main reason we got it well if it's gone I will cancel our subscription too
NOT HAPPY
Andrea_R
0 Kudos

No ours is gone
Community Manager
DanK
0 Kudos

Glad to hear its fixed Juanita.

Andrea_R, the Sci Fi channels has been removed as it no longer exists but it has been replaced with the SyFy channel and from what I understand this channel carries much the same content. This change has occurred in line with the changes to licensing agreements that Foxtel has made with their suppliers.

DrJohn and vkmarty we are aware that these steps are not working for all customers and as advised this is still being investigated. Apologies for the inconvenience.

southernguy
0 Kudos

I just got Syfy but still do not have TV TVH!TS, have to say something to Telstra. 'this mess is quite sad"

Community Leader
Wanglese
0 Kudos

@Andrea_R 

I have the entertainment package. SyFy is there. rebranded Sci Fi.

I'm watching it now.

Stargate SG1

Ozchrissy1
0 Kudos

Mine isn't working either, just hope they can fix it, I am no good at playing with settings etc. so will wait and see what happens, but if it goes on too long, will want a good explanation.  Am not getting the new channels even though they show up grey, so I presume it is from the other end that the problem is occurring and that it needs to be fixed by Foxtel/Telstra to show that it is part of my plan.  I do anticipate that they will fix the problem that they created, or if not send someone to my home to fix it for me.  Not all of us are computer experts, but we do contribute a fair bit of income each to both foxtel and telstra, be a shame to leave because of incompetence of the suppliers.

vkmarty
0 Kudos

Ozchrissy1 wrote:

Not all of us are computer experts, but we do contribute a fair bit of income each to both foxtel and telstra, be a shame to leave because of incompetence of the suppliers.

That's OK Ozchrissy1, not many of the Telstra tech people are computer "experts" either!! :smileywink:

Established Member
auissetash2014
0 Kudos

:/ still no SyFy or TVH!TS I am sick of trying to get it to work
Established Member
auissetash2014
0 Kudos

OK got TVH!TS now but still no SyFy it is still grey
Visitor
JamesT-Box

The moderators suggested fix has worked ok for us...

Reload subscriptions and then reset t-Box Internet connection.

Many thanks.

Jesterette
0 Kudos

Yes, found this worked for me as well. Was a little frustrating while trying the different solutions offered, but resetting the Internet connection was the key. Surely this could have been handled better by Telstra! Its customers are, after all, paying a premium for its services.

Established Member
Salsidorie
0 Kudos

Just tried the fix for the third time and success!
vkmarty
0 Kudos

WOO HOO!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Finally, been trying this all day & evening but this time it worked!

Yes indeed, reset subscription licences and then reset t-box internet connection, and now TVH!TS is working.

Visitor
Mykennel
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fixes. I did the reset subscriptions followed by reset internet (red button) and it worked. TVHits now on.
Established Member
auissetash2014
0 Kudos

We have done everything still waiting on the SyFy channel to work its still the dark grey
Occasional Visitor
Pewastell
0 Kudos

Thanks, after trying multiple times both yesterday and today, IT FINALLY WORKED!
futumsch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

have tvhits or whatever the replacement tv1 is called but syfy channel greyed out..seems like once a fortnight at least have problems with this stupid t-box thing, grrr

the workaround didn't work for me of reloading subscriptions etc

Ozibloke
0 Kudos

Complete reset for the umpteenth time.  Still no Syfy,,,,,

IS THERE ANYONE AT TELSTRA DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ??????

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi Ozibloke, 

The issue is resolved for most people now, so it's unusual that you are still experiencing an issue. 

In this case you'd need to speak directly to our T-Box Faults team on 1300 136 841 so that they can lodge this as an issue for your service. 

Steph
Senior Moderator
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
Skeeter87
0 Kudos

This may not be the right place but here goes........... When is telstra going to be adding additional foxtel channel options to the tbox? I'm sure there are many customers who would be willing to pay additional fees to have more channels, myself included. It's a bit unfair that telstra try's to flog foxtel on mobile to me with the channels that I would like onmy tbox (. Arena,history, lifestyle etc). I don't think I should pay for an entirely new service when I'm willing to add these additional packs to my tbox.

Com on telstra pay some more attention to foxtel on tbox.......