CROWDSUPPORT ®

elisewhite31
0 Kudos

can i buy a replacement tbox remote?

My daughter spilt my coffee all over our tbox remote and it no longer works :smileysad: i have tried re- pairing it to my tbox but still no luck. is there anywhere i can buy a new one??

Valued Contributor
nelly82
0 Kudos

Re: can i buy a replacement tbox remote?

I dont think you can buy TBOX remote on its own Im afraid.

Have you tried contacting the TBOX support team?  Not too sure what the number is but I know it is in the booklet that you got with the TBOX,  They might be able to send one out to you.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button :smileyhappy:
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Super Contributor
bathroom

The TBox Faults team can be contacted at 1800 331 402. For the meantime have you tried using the Android/iPhone TBox remote application? :smileyhappy:

[I work for Telstra but please note that the views and opinions I express are my own and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Telstra]
Contributor
Unit01
0 Kudos

You can use an Logitech Harmony IR Remote

Hi there,

It's possible to use a Logitech Harmony IR Remote to control your T-Box you can even switch it on or off but it must be pointed at the unit as it's Infra Red light not radio like the normal remote. You can get them from Aldi, **bleep** Smith and other Electrical shops. You log onto the net and download the setting for the device you want to control in this case the T-Box.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/MyHarmony-com/Harmony-200-cannot-sync-in-myharmony-com/td-p/782407

It's a bit finicky to setup by all accounts I'm going to try it out tonight.

It goes without saying that Telstra support won't be able to help you with programming the remote though.

I'll let you know how I go.

Regards

John

Contributor
Unit01
0 Kudos

Success it works!   I had to use my laptop with vista on...

Success it works!

I had to use my laptop with vista on it though. Firefox with WinXP on my desktop would do the web setup or the standalone program :smileysad:

setup my tv and t-box and the tv macro button turns tbox and tv on and off. All the menu seem to work.

John

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi Elisewhite31

We can certainly assist you with purchasing a T-Box remote :-)

Our T-Box team are available to give you a hand on 13 22 00.

I ordered one myself  about a month ago, and I had it within 2 days, it was fantastic!

Steph

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
iannicholson
0 Kudos

If you have an iPhone, you can download the free T-Box remote app that turns your iPhone into a remote!

Go to the Apple Apps Store and search for 'Telstra T-Box'

Occasional Visitor
seandarcher
0 Kudos

I have the android app installed, but the tbox is in standby and when i run the app it cant detect the unit. How am i supposed to turn the tbox on without the remote?

Oh, we have lost the remote...

Super Contributor
bathroom

Hi seandarcher

I'm afraid you could not use the app to turn the T-Box back on while on standby mode. You'll have to manually press the reset button undearneath. Once it's back on though, you can try using the app again and it should work fine. :smileyhappy:

[I work for Telstra but please note that the views and opinions I express are my own and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Telstra]