Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

alexwill721
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

tbox setup - registration portal is down

What's going on the the tbox registration portal?

Go to: telstra.com/tboxsetup, login in with user name and password.

result:

"A system error has occurred.

If the problem persists, call Support on 1300 136 841."

Numerous calls to support and complaints have been a complete waste of time, and generally resulted in

"oh well, can't do anything, I'm sure it will be back up soon, just keep trying".

Been trying since 23-Nov-2012, but I have a feeling the site's been down even longer.

I can't be the only person in Australia that's bought a T-Box in the last couple of weeks.

Telstra, what on Earth is going on? How can I register my T-Box?

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Re: tbox setup - registration portal is down

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

Can you try to register again, I just logged in fine. If not that error can sometimes mean you're entering the incorrect credentials or a non primary account.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

alexwill721
0 Kudos

I tried again, same error message.

I'm entering the same credentials I use for my bigpond login.

Community Leader
Wanglese
0 Kudos

What browser are you using?

Might be an issue with cookies etc.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.

I'm an accredited "Telstra Hero", but I don't work for Telstra, I'm here purely voluntarily to help out others and any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

alexwill721

Tried multiple browsers on multiple machines (safari, chrome on iMac, IE on windows, safari o. iPad). The tech support guys tried to log in for me and hit the same result.
Lathania, thanks for letting me know you can log in. This means the system has it in for me in particular. Not sure why. I don't have a telstra landline, just cable. You don't suppose that's confusing the authentication?
Not sure what to do next. Hoping to hear back from my online complaint submission. Might try calling and insisting to escalate.
alexwill721

I'm in, baby! Looks like the online support request worked, the tbox number was already there. Thanks all.
Contributor
joshjones
0 Kudos

the only Web Broweser that Supports this IS  IE NO Other web broweser Works 

JCullen
0 Kudos

How did you get this fixed? I have exactly the same problem and im ready to kick it in and cancel all together!

Visitor
joshalex_88
0 Kudos

Having the same issue.

I got the registration of the TBOX done online, but cannot log in to get my "pin" so that I can add sports to my foxtel.

Technical Support
Jon_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi guys, 

What error are you seeing when attempting to login? 

The T-box rego website is currently online and functioning fine. 

Have a read of this thread : http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Unable-to-register-my-t-box/m-p/201545#M3910 , may shed some light on your issue.

- Jon

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
JACKTRAN
0 Kudos

G67DJ6GFG

JACKTRAN
0 Kudos

alexwill721 wrote:
Tried multiple browsers on multiple machines (safari, chrome on iMac, IE on windows, safari o. iPad). The tech support guys tried to log in for me and hit the same result.
Lathania, thanks for letting me know you can log in. This means the system has it in for me in particular. Not sure why. I don't have a telstra landline, just cable. You don't suppose that's confusing the authentication?
Not sure what to do next. Hoping to hear back from my online complaint submission. Might try calling and insisting to escalate.

LOOK LIKE NOT REALLY OK

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey Jacktran,

Are you also having problems registering your T-Box? Do you need help with anything?

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines