Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

kiffin_miller

Call log not updating & missed calls not showing

The call log on the t-hub 2 does not update for days. Powering off sometimes fixes.

missed calls and messages can also take a day or 2.

Call log on handsets is OK.

Kiffin Miller

pastoraleman
0 Kudos

Re: Call log not updating & missed calls not showing

I have exactly the same problem except my on the handset it doesn't update either.

I hope someone answers.

Felipe

Esther
0 Kudos

Hi kiffin_miller,

The date and time on the call log ont he handset and base station may be different due to the following

This occurs if the T-Hub 2 Base Station is not connected to your Wi-Fi gateway/modem via the Ethernet cable. Without connectivity to the modem, the Base Station is unable to retrieve the time from the internet.

By default, the Base Station and Handset will then resort to the default date and time that is set in the factory.

To resolve the issue, if you choose not to connect the Base Station to your Wi-Fi modem, you will have to change the date on the handset manually by selecting Settings->Time->Set Date and Time and enter the correct details.

Please note: Each time you turn the Base Station off, you will be required to manually set the time again if you do not connect it to the Wi-Fi modem.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Thanks 

Esther
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
pastoraleman
0 Kudos

This does not answer why the call log is not updating with missed calls.

Felipe

Technical Support
Faaiz_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi kiffin_miller

To resolve the issue you'll need to try and reset the base station with ethernet connected to the t-hub base from the modem and going through the setup again.  

Heres more info on the steps.

Hope that helps

Faaiz

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
RustyFox
0 Kudos

The issue of the call log not updating and missed calls not showing is become a significant concern.  We are missing important calls as a result.  Whilst powering off the tablet and the handset  temporarily resolves the issue, we often only find out that we have missed calls when the caller rings us back asking why we did not call them back.  Last night was almost the final straw, my wifes elderly parent left a very urgent message whilst my wife was on another call.  The T-Hub2 did not record or show the missed call, there was no indication a voice message had been left either on the tablet or by the blue flashing light on the handset.  Only when my wife picked up the handset this morning and heard the 'pips' did she have any indication a message was waiting, by which time her mother was in hospital. 

Given the location of the phone it is not practical to have the device connected by Ethernet to my home network. Also I do not think it is reasonable to expect us to have to power off the T-Hub2 devices regularly (daily?) or constantly pick up the handset just to check if we have missed calls or messages. 

We clearly cannot rely on the T-Hub2 which I would argue is a device not fit for purpose.  My wife just wants to throw the T-Hub2 into the garbage and replace it with a home phone system that simply works.  However given we are still paying for the device monthly I would hope Telstra could actually provide a permanent fix for this issue. 

bigrevkev
0 Kudos

We a bit the same here!.......I emptied the call log and that fixed that........try that mate.

Established Member
skeptical1
0 Kudos

Hi RustyFox,

We have had similar issues and found that it is essential that the base station is connected to your modem (Telstra) by ethernet cableto receive time / software updates etc.

This can be achieved by locating the base station near the modem, (or vice versa by possibly using a dual connection adaptor on the Telstra socket), and connecting the base and modem by using the supplied yellow cable.

The handset can be located separately, (ie detaching the handset base  from the base station and using supplied power supply on the smaller base).

The missed calls / voicemail notification can possibly be rectified , (after attaching base station to the modem for latest software updates), by doing a 'factory reset'. 

This is achieved  by depressing the top (green) base station LED and detaching the power supply cable at the back, then reconnecting the power supply whilst holding down the LED until it turns blue. Release the button when the blue LED turns off. When both base station LEDs turn green (2 mins.) the factory reset is complete. Your contacts on the handset will probably need to be re-entered.

Re-register the T Hub tablet and handset(s) with the base station as per the instructions in the handbook.

It is very frustrating not to receive notification of missed calls / messages and we appear to have fixed the issue by doing the above.

Occasional Collector
fractal
0 Kudos

Hi Faaiz,

Unfortunately, this is not the issue with those of us that have a t-gateway, that runs the DECT directly from the modem.

The only way i can see my call logs on tablets or handets is to log into the modem configuration and look at the log there.

Why wont the modem push this data to the thub? it worked fine before the firmware update.

I also am paying for a device that cannot record my missed calls or incoming/outgoing?

This needs a fix ASAP

heymum
0 Kudos

I've been having problems with my t hub - one of which is the call log not recording calls.  I rang Voicemail; selected Help then Mailbox Setup; then Other Options; then Hangup Message service which records call missed by those who have hung up... that worked!

Jon_Telstra
0 Kudos

Heymum, 

So is the call log working now? Can you outline again what steps you took to do this?

- Jon

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
>