Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

KimParker
0 Kudos

THub 2 Won't turn on

Hey all, I was using Google Play on my THub2 earlier and it froze. I tried to get out of it using every method possible but none would work. I ended up turning it off, but now it won't turn back on. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Honoured Contributor
Kalak
0 Kudos

Re: THub 2 Won't turn on

I've had my tablet freeze a couple of times. I've just left it in the dock for a short while, then held the power button a while to get it to turn back on again after having to force it to turn off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Community Leader
Wanglese
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Haven't had it freeze yet, but I recall during the last upgrade (that initially failed), that if you held the power key for abnout 20 seconds, it switched off.

Try the same method to switch it on.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.

If I or ANYONE has provided a solution to your problem, please mark it as an accepted solution. This helps others who may come along after you.

Have you tried typing in the "How can we help you?", or "Search this forum" field, right at the top of every page of CrowdSupport? and pressing "Find Answers" You might find that your issue has been solved, or is already being discussed.
Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Is it possible to remove and re-insert the battery with T-Hub 2?

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Honoured Contributor
Kalak
0 Kudos

Unlike the T-Hub1 it's a sealed unit, so no way to remove the battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Probably for the best. So many issues with #1 with people not sliding the clips the right way and having it turn off whenever they move it because of a loose battery xD

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Telstra Products & Services Team
nathan2602
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Try performing a hard reboot by holding the power button down on the top of the tablet for 10 seconds and wait for it to turn off.  Wait a good 15 seconds before turning the tablet back on. 

If you're still having issues post that send me a PM and I'll be happy to help out!

Thanks,

Nathan 

Occasional Visitor
djorr5
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having the same issue with my Thub2. The LED on top is on and is a purply colour. I have held down the power button on top of the unit and the LED does go off but when i try to turn it back on again the unit does not boot. The inidicator just comes on in its purple colour.

Another random question. If i can't get the tablet working does anyone know if i can use the base with an ipod? the connector is the same but i am wondering if the pin outs are the same.

Community Leader
Wanglese

G'day dj0rr5, and welcome to Crowdsupport.

Weird that you cannnot get it to come on. I'd be calling THub support, as you may have a bum screen.

As for the iPod?  I doubt it's the same pin-outs.  To be honest, If I had an iPod, I'd be prepared to try it out just for the heck of it.  But that's me.  I don't expect anyone else to risk their hard earned readies to try something like that.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.

If I or ANYONE has provided a solution to your problem, please mark it as an accepted solution. This helps others who may come along after you.

Have you tried typing in the "How can we help you?", or "Search this forum" field, right at the top of every page of CrowdSupport? and pressing "Find Answers" You might find that your issue has been solved, or is already being discussed.