Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

ASUS Google Nexus 7" Tablet on BYO Plan

Team

I have been gifted the Nexus Tab and am currently on a $35 BYO plan with a Telstra T95 mobile............ Can I simply insert the SIM and get going?

Simon S

Telstra Alumni (Retired)

Re: ASUS Google Nexus 7" Tablet on BYO Plan

Hello Simon,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you may have in the range of topics we have here in our Community.

If the ASUS Google Nexus 7 is voice and text compatible also then there is no reason why your current SIM would not work as long as the SIM card fits, otherwise you may have to get a replacement from a Telstra store.

Please be careful though of limitations of your current BYO plan if you're going to use it more for data access as you may get a high bill due to data excess usage charges.

If you need to discuss your options, have a chat with our Telstra 24x7 Live Chat Team. Thanks Simon.

With kind regards,

JoeSmiley Happy
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Re: ASUS Google Nexus 7" Tablet on BYO Plan

Many thanks Joe

Appreciate your response. I will need to be careful with data usage and use our ADSL wireless set up at home as well.

I will check out the SIM card issue

Cheers

Simon