Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

simonsourdough
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

ASUS Google Nexus 7" Tablet on BYO Plan

Team

I have been gifted the Nexus Tab and am currently on a $35 BYO plan with a Telstra T95 mobile............ Can I simply insert the SIM and get going?

Simon S

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra

Re: ASUS Google Nexus 7" Tablet on BYO Plan

Hello Simon,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport :smileyhappy: Please stick around and offer any expertise you may have in the range of topics we have here in our Community.

If the ASUS Google Nexus 7 is voice and text compatible also then there is no reason why your current SIM would not work as long as the SIM card fits, otherwise you may have to get a replacement from a Telstra store.

Please be careful though of limitations of your current BYO plan if you're going to use it more for data access as you may get a high bill due to data excess usage charges.

If you need to discuss your options, have a chat with our Telstra 24x7 Live Chat Team. Thanks Simon.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
simonsourdough

Re: ASUS Google Nexus 7" Tablet on BYO Plan

Many thanks Joe

Appreciate your response. I will need to be careful with data usage and use our ADSL wireless set up at home as well.

I will check out the SIM card issue

Cheers

Simon