Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
Carolyn
0 Kudos

iPad internet connection not working

Hello all. I have an iPad (version 1) with a Telstra 3G account, recently recharged.  Today I've not had any internet connection at all  - the message I keep receiving is "Cannot open page.  Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".  Have turned iPad on and off a few times, waited a few hours, but still nothing.  I am hoping you can give me some ideas?  And yes, I do need to learn how to use my iPad properly!  Thanks! 

Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

Re: iPad internet connection not working

Today I've not had any internet connection at all  - the message I keep receiving is "Cannot open page.  Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

Is that for any Web site you tried, or just one (or several of which are all based in a specific region, eg. USA)?

Are you able to connect to the App Store? What about e-mail?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
New Contributor
Carolyn

yes, it's for all sites I've tried - nothing is connecting, not even the app store!  Really odd, have not had this happen before.  Thanks!

Telstra Employee
QwertFu

Hi Carolyn,

If you would like a runthrough of your iPad try this link. The solution for almost all iPhone and iPad issues is: "Connect your iPhone/iPad to a Mac or PC running the latest version of iTunes, and select Restore". If you are really stuck and would like to speak to someone, call 1800iPhone to get to a Telstra consultant trained in Apple products.

cheers

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
New Contributor
Carolyn
0 Kudos

thanks, I'll try that! 

LMCook
0 Kudos

This worked for me. Thanks! L
Janie
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies for entering this conversation so late. I have the same problem. My iPad 2, which was connecting fine through Telstra 3G, has suddenly stopped connecting. I get messages such as "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding". In fact the iPad can't access any application requiring internet connection. When trying to check for software updates I get an error message "Unable to Check for Update - An error occurred while checking for a software update".

I have downloaded the latest version of iTunes (via PC connection) and have powered down and up. 

I'm quite new to Apple products, so any suggestions with non-jargon explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Occasional Visitor
bjs37
0 Kudos

Try RESET button in settings. Have just recharged and "lost" connection and this worked.

Visitor
sheila
0 Kudos

A message keeps coming up when a try to get into the internet.

"Unable to join the network" and a already belong to it.

What can I do the corect this.

JesseS
0 Kudos

Hi Sheila,

Do you know if you have the correct wifi password? This is the most common cause.

You may need to get it reset, which they can help you with on 133933.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
>