Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Visitor
BarryJH
0 Kudos

no internet connection on android 4.0.3 with wifi Bigpond a/c

I have a Nextbook Premium 7 Tablet. I keep being told I have an authentication problem.WiFi connection is good. encryption is WPA/WPA2/PSK for my Bigpond Thomson TG782T modem. Any clues?.BJH

Technical Support
Brodie_Telstra
0 Kudos

Re: no internet connection on android 4.0.3 with wifi Bigpond a/c

Hey BarryJH,

How does the Wi-Fi go with other devices? Do any other devices have connection issues? 

You can also try removing the security settings on the modem to see it connects without a password, although make sure you put the security back on afterwards :smileyhappy: 

Let me know, happy to help :smileyhappy:

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support

Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
New Contributor
Jurp
0 Kudos

Re: no internet connection on android 4.0.3 with wifi Bigpond a/c

Depending on your router, you may want to try changing the security protocol (not necessarily switching security off altogether). If you're connecting to your router, but not to the internet, then it might be a problem with your router handing out local IP addresses. First check that you don't have too many devices connected to your router. 4 or 5 is usually the max, but some routers can connect up to 10 devices, and on some routers, it's an optional amount. Now, if that's not an issue, turn both your router (and any devices using your router, including your tablet) off for 30 seconds. Turn them back on. If you still can't connect to the internet, check whether you have a static or dynamic IP address on your tablet. If it's static, reset to default settings (dynamic), turn off the device, and then turn it on again. If it's dynamic, it may help to set a static IP address. I won't explain how to do that here, but this is the internet, so... http://bit.ly/UZnwHv