Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Executive Director, Telstra Digital
gerdschenkel
0 Kudos

Live chat support

[ Edited ]

Before jumping into the queue to chat with our 24x7 Chat consultants, you should take a look at our online self help options. Chances are, they’ll be able to fix your problem and might even be faster than chatting to someone.

My Account

Telstra’s My Account service is your one stop shop for anything account related. Anything from checking your latest bill, your account balance, adding a data pack or retrieving your PUK code, My Account can do it. Check out what other features may help you or log in/sign up today!

The Online Shop

Looking to purchase a new Telstra service or device? Well look no further. With free and fast delivery coupled with our exclusive online only offers, you can’t go wrong with the Telstra Online Shop. With Telstra’s online price promise, you can be confident you’re getting the best price available. Access the Telstra Online Shop and get shopping today.

CrowdSupport

Have a question but can’t find the answer? CrowdSupport is the place to ask it. You can browse through questions that have already been asked and answered, take a look at our Knowledge Base or ask the community a question. Take a look for yourself to see just how much information is readily available for you by using the search bar at the top of this page.

Broadband and Email

Having trouble with your Broadband or email services? Make sure you check out our helpful tips here first before chatting with us to avoid any unnecessary wait times.

24x7 Chat

If 24x7 Chat is the option for you, make sure you have all of the necessary details ready before initiating the chat. This includes making sure an authorised representative on the account is conducting the chat, you have your account number and contact number available and any other information that’s specific to your enquiry.

24x7 Personal Live Chat

24x7 Business Live Chat

Gerd Schenkel
Executive Director, Telstra Digital
---------------------------------------------------------------------
For Personal account services, please visit http://telstra.com.au/account-services/

For Business account services, please visit http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/account-services/index.htm
Honoured Contributor
Kalak
0 Kudos

Re: Live chat support

I noticed this yesterday when I opened up a chat window to discuss ordering a new 4G device and the Bigpond site was giving me the wrong price (it was telling me it's be $29.95/mth when in fact I have a Complete Home Bundle so it would never be less than $39.95/mth).

I saw it now had 24/7 next to the operating hours (instead of closing at 8PM during the week IIRC).

Hopefully the change doesn't mean that chat will also end up being outsourced overseas though :smileysad: One of the huge benefits (from where I sit) is that the reps are local.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Community Leader
jokiin

Kalak wrote:
Hopefully the change doesn't mean that chat will also end up being outsourced overseas though :smileysad: One of the huge benefits (from where I sit) is that the reps are local.

to be honest I wouldn't care where the reps are located as long as they know their stuff and can deal with any problems effectively

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Honoured Contributor
Kalak
0 Kudos

For me (aside from local employment) a big factor is 'conversation flow'. It's often quicker and simpler dealing with a local. While the overseas reps are generally quite proficient at completing the tasks on their scripts/work flow charts, enquiries take a lot longer because of the flow of conversation (and their love of putting you on hold - which admittedly isn't really discernible in a chat interface). I also find local reps tend to handle 'out of the box' situations better, though this may simply be a case of a lack of empowerment (or sense of) in the outsourced reps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Community Leader
jokiin
0 Kudos

I know what you mean, I don't think the run of the mill call center rep is suitable but if it was someone that truly knew their stuff I wouldn't care where they were located, as a customer I just want any issue attended to in the best possible manner, the real advantage of the people that have been involved in the social media teams is that they have a lot of internal experience throughout different parts of the business, it's the kind of stuff that is picked up along the way and hard to pull out of a workflow or script that makes the difference
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
nk94
0 Kudos

Just some feedback. 

I always use live chat because it is so much better than over the phone but from today I am pretty annoyed....

1) The rep didn't know what day it was and suggested I go to a telstra store tomorrow(25th Dec) What?? Seriously that was stupid. 

2) He also  guaranteed the store I had to go to was open today 

and was just unhelpful in fixing my problem.

Frazze
0 Kudos

Hi how do i get to chat with someone that can help me with my last bill?

nk94
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Go to live chat and select "accounts" I think from the drop down menu
Occasional Visitor
Cakor
0 Kudos

Hello this is Carol

I have had troubles with emails that bounce from my family and friends.  I had three emails from my daughter on the same subject.  One friend says my email bounced on her emails.  I would like your help how to stop this madness in bouncing emails to family, friends and even one in Ireland.  Please let me know how can you fix this problem please?

TimBartel
0 Kudos

Hi Carol,

Just so I'm clear are emails that are being sent to you bouncing back to the sender, or are emails you're trying to send bouncing back to you?

Thanks, Tim
Tim Bartel
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Occasional Visitor
nickcklamovski_
0 Kudos

where is live chat... I cannot see it anywhere, the live chat thing i clicked on at the top just redirected me to the crow control page..

Contributor
triadwarfare
0 Kudos

Try to bookmark this link to access Live Chat:

livechat.telstra.com

The Troubleshooter
Shoot at the first sign of trouble
aliciatjenkins
0 Kudos

Can any one please help me? 

I have been on hold for 55 minutes just trying to activate a sim from a upgrade i did today. i have been with telstra for a long time. and am so dissapointed right now. i am starting to wonder why i upgraded tostay with telstra. there was no easy option on the web for a quick chat either the links were not clear. I upgraded thinking it would all be straight fprward got the phone ready and no one mentioned that i would have to go through all this just top get the device ready to use. IS any one able to help me?

Thank you 

Contributor
triadwarfare
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I believe the Billing department may be able to assist with your activation. The links above for some reason don't work anymore so it's best to use the direct link:
https://livechat.telstra.com/

The Troubleshooter
Shoot at the first sign of trouble
DanK
0 Kudos

I have updated the links at the top so they should work now.

Changes to mobile services and SIM activations can take up to 24 hours to complete, however it is usually less than this. Regrettably, Christmas and Boxing days are two of the busiest days of the year for our activations team due to all the new phones that people give as gifts so there can be delays.

Visitor
buchrod
0 Kudos

Sorry No. I have also been a customer for many many years and been on chat and phone for an hour with no joy.

halrod
0 Kudos

Hi im hal need to know how much data I was credited for my last recharge of 20 dollars

halrod
0 Kudos

It appears that I was only credited 500MB n im really disappointed. Im certain that some f my friends were credited 1 GB.
Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey halrod,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

halrod, if you'd like to know how much you were credited for in your last recharge, have a chat with our Telstra 24x7 Pre-Paid Live Chat Team.

Alternatively, you can always view your balance via My Account online or through the Telstra 24x7 app. Thanks halrod.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:

UNHAPPYCUSTOM3R
0 Kudos

I tried the live chat, first lady cut me off, 2nd redirected me to a webpage and then 3rd didnt work

how can I report fraud as my portable wifi says i have used x amount and your website shows another figure with some very strange amounts showing up on my account. I am missing 10gb

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

Hi UNHAPPYCUSTOM3R, I hope the usage concerns can be sorted out for you soon - as well as the teams via chat, you can also contact our consultants 24x7 on 13 22 00 for investigation and help.

Greg

bojan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is <Removed Personal Information>

My address in Australia used to be: <Removed Personal Information>

My date of birth is <Removed Personal Information>.

I am living in Bosnia and Herzegovina now, and I do not intend to go back to Australia this calendar year.

Today I received an e-mail signed by Mr. Gerd Schenkel,exec.director Telstra Digital. I thank you for it.

As you can find in your records, I had had two accounts to my name; one for home line, mobile phone and Internet in Gladesville, the other for home line and Internet in Hurstville, <Removed Personal Information>
 All services disconnected, paid in full.

The second one in Hurstville, <Removed Personal Information> was canceled in October and the <Removed Personal Information> as per your today's email  shows CREDIT BALANCE of AU$ 167.96

If you have any chance to check (in your records), you will see that the Hurstville services were paid to Telstra for years from the bank account <Removed Personal Information> which is my son's bank account.

His name (and the name of the bank acc) <Removed Personal Information>

Please, would you be so kind to pay the above mentioned credit balance of AU$ 167.96 to my son,s bank account ?

You have my permition to do so.

Once again:

<Removed Personal Information>

Amount: AU$ 167.96 (cred.balance)

If you need any additional questions for me regarding this matter, I can give you my telephone number here in Bosnia so you can contact me directly.

Please answer this email as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

<Removed Personal Information>

Brett_1978
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an Entertainment Bundle.  I wanted to know if I have available website space, if so where and how much space do I have access to?  Do you offer a service to mask this space with a  specific URL?  Is there assistance available in accessing and using this space?

Thanks heaps

Brett

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi Brett_1978

We had previously supplied a small 10 MB webspace, however we no longer offer this service sorry

Steph
Senior Moderator
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi Bojan, 

I've sent you a Private Message about this. 

Steph
Senior Moderator
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
Johnk1405
0 Kudos

How can i check if my new SIM has been properly activated - I have ported from Telstra and Phone is confirmed as unlocked 

Johnk1405
0 Kudos

Sorry ported fro Optus
Ben_J
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Johnk1405,

Is the previous SIM with Optus still active? If so then the port is still in progress. If it's not active anymore and the Telstra SIM doesn't seem active either, we might need to look into it for you. Come and speak to us via Live Chat so we can chase up your order.

Kaylah
0 Kudos

hey i was wondering do you repair mobile phones if so how much would it cost

regards Kaylah

Kbrock
Ben_J
0 Kudos

Hi Kaylah,

We repair mobiles that were purchased from us and are still under warranty, so there should be no cost involved if that is still the case. The best starting point is to take the phone into a Telstra Shop for assessment. :smileyhappy:

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey Kaylah,

If you did purchase your phone from Telstra and can't get to any stores, you can now do self-service online and send the phone off yourself to our National Repair Centre. Thanks Kaylah.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:

ZR
ZR
0 Kudos

Let's try Inside. I accidentally came across inside, and after looking through their site http://www.inside.tm/, it morphs a business website into a virtual storefront so business personnel can see and help their site visitors in real-time using chat. 

New Contributor
shed
0 Kudos

Just a heads up, that second link (Business Live chat) no longer works.
Esther

[ Edited ]

Hi shed,

Thanks for the heads up, you can contact Business live chat here http://tel.st/z3ug

Esther

Occasional Visitor
iainlark
0 Kudos

Hey Gerd

Did you know that i've used Telstra Live support 6 times in 6 billing cycles?

Did you know that I've emailed you personally and didnt get a response?

Did you know it's because of the awful service I've received through online and through phone?

Nope you probably have no clue.

And guess what i'm online again today tryign to sort out my bill.

Telstra is hopeless.....

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

HI iainlark, that certainly isn't the kind of experience we want to be providing for our customers. We help follow up on an ongoing account issue - for security reasons we can't request account details via messages on these forums, but I'll be in touch shortly via private message.

Greg

Frequent Visitor
BrentS
0 Kudos

Great news Gerd. This is by far my preferred way to get help. Keep it coming.

Crissy
0 Kudos

hi ...i not understand this new chat...please talk back..i am hard of hearing and cant ring you

IvanS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Crissy, 

Welcome to CrowdSupport :smileyhappy: 

If you need live chat, its possible to get through on this link: http://tel.st/49kl

Also you will notice once logged into your My Account here: http://tel.st/cpyn it will give you the option in the contact us section towards the bottom of the page to use live chat. 

Ivan

Ivan

>