CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DazzaMurf
Level 2: Rookie

AFL APP NO LONGER WORKING ON IPAD2

Answered

Three games in and I haven't been able to watch one on my Ipad2. Had problems last year until a fix was applied to App. Keeps dropping out, having to sign in with no success. Taken me 20 minutes to log this message and enter name and password six times. Very frustrating. 

App still works on my iPhone 5s for now, but prefer to watch on iPad2. Can we have the app returned to 2018 version which worked.  At very least tell us what devices the app is working on or Not.  This way we waste time attempting to sign in again and again. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL APP NO LONGER WORKING ON IPAD2

You need to have at least iOS10 running on your device for the app to work.

Unfortunately, Apple stopped supporting the iPad 2 after iOS 9.3.5, so the app won't work on your device.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @DazzaMurf,

Thanks for your message

The AFL Live App requires iOS 10 or above for the App to be supported,

the list of devices and operating systems supported can be found in the terms or the FAQ's.

Unfortunately there will not be any updates/patches released for the AFL App to support iOS 9 devices.

I apologise for this inconvenience 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DazzaMurf
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the advice. From this I assume AFL in cahoots with Apple. Least TAB and other sports platforms appreciate their customers and design Apps to keep all their customers onboard and happy. I am sure their advertising partners are equally as happy. Unlucky AFL and Telstra big players in terms of sponsorships, but poor in keeping loyal 40 year customers happy. At least put this minimum requirement on details about App and how you have to have a new device to operate. Will consider who will provide my NBN and mobile in my 41st year.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Accepted Solution

You need to have at least iOS10 running on your device for the app to work.

Unfortunately, Apple stopped supporting the iPad 2 after iOS 9.3.5, so the app won't work on your device.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @DazzaMurf,

Thanks for your message

The AFL Live App requires iOS 10 or above for the App to be supported,

the list of devices and operating systems supported can be found in the terms or the FAQ's.

Unfortunately there will not be any updates/patches released for the AFL App to support iOS 9 devices.

I apologise for this inconvenience 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DazzaMurf
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the advice. From this I assume AFL in cahoots with Apple. Least TAB and other sports platforms appreciate their customers and design Apps to keep all their customers onboard and happy. I am sure their advertising partners are equally as happy. Unlucky AFL and Telstra big players in terms of sponsorships, but poor in keeping loyal 40 year customers happy. At least put this minimum requirement on details about App and how you have to have a new device to operate. Will consider who will provide my NBN and mobile in my 41st year.

Home9
Level 1: Cadet

@DazzaMurf wrote:

Three games in and I haven't been able to watch one on my Ipad2. Had problems last year until a fix was applied to App. Keeps dropping out, having to sign in with no success. Taken me 20 minutes to log this message and enter name and password six times. Very frustrating. 

App still works on my iPhone 5s for now, but prefer to watch on iPad2. Can we have the app returned to 2018 version which worked.  At very least tell us what devices the app is working on or Not.  This way we waste time attempting to sign in again and again. 

Home9
Level 1: Cadet

Home9
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Home9,

Apologies for your concern regarding the supported devices for the AFL App.

Unfortunately iOS 9 can no longer support the AFL App, and it is not

possible to revert back to the 2018 version.

You can find the list of supported devices in the terms and conditions as

well as the FAQ on the AFL website.

Generally iOS devices running iOS 10 or higher and Android devices 5.0 or higher can

support the AFL Live App.

If there are any further questions or concerns please get back in touch

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now