CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

AFL App Unable to Connect to Internet

I have no idea whats wrong. As soon as I launch the AFL app I get the message that An error has occurred! Unable to connect to the internet at the moment, please check your data connection! The internet works on the device I am able to launch webpages. I tried deinstalling and reinstalling the AFL app but still it fails. My device is a Lenovo TB-X104F. It is running Android 8.1.0. Its the first time I have tried running the app since September and now will not work. Please assist.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: AFL App Unable to Connect to Internet

It could very well be a firmware update on the device (which is not a supported model), combined with updates to the app that is the cause of the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Filbasco,

Apologies for any issues accessing the AFL Live Pass.

Upon researching that model, it appears to be an Android Go device. Android Go is a slimmed down version

of Android, designed for entry level devices to run a range of slimmed down 'Go' Apps from the Play Store.

Android Go is not a supported operating system for the AFL App, but as it appears you have been able to access at 

some point in the past, there's no harm attempting some troubleshooting. (Did you previously have full access to live matches, replays etc?)

Step one is to turn your tablet off and on.

Please then go to settings>about and check for any system updates.

After that please go to settings>applications>AFL>storage and clear all cache and App memory.

Uninstall and reinstall the AFL App.

Ensure there are no security apps or settings enabled (power/data saving modes etc) that will block

the AFL App from accessing the internet, and try to open the App again.

If you still have no access, could you please confirm the Android version (or GO version) in settings<about?

Are you able to test while connected to an alternate internet connection?

Please let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Aaron and team thanks for looking into this for me. I think you are on the ball about the operating system as it required multiple reboots for the latest update to work. So I tried again yesterday afternoon, Deinstalling the AFL app then rebooting, reinstalling , then rebooting and then it started to work. So thank you for all your efforts! greatly appreciated

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Filbasco,

That's great news, glad to hear it's working again!

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit