LeanNastyPimp
Level 1: Cadet

AFL App

I signed up for the app on Grand Final day in September 2017. 
Embarassingly, I have only just realised that I was being direct debited $4.99 each week since that date. I check my accounts regularly and am not sure how I managed to miss this.

I did not understand that I would be direct debited after that day, I did not use the app on that day and I have never used the app even once. I do not even follow AFL. By and large, I am not an app user and never sign up for anything that asks for credit card details. 

I have spoken to a Telstra representative who has led me to sign up here and make a post, stating that I will be able to have my payments over this period refunded. I hope this is possible. 

Thanks for your time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL App

Hi @LeanNastyPimp

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any confusion regarding AFL Live Pass. 

All subscription to AFL Live Pass are ongoing until cancelled as per the terms and conditions accepted upon subscribing. 

After the free two week trial period, you will be automatically billed $4.99 every 7 days, $16.99 every month, or $99.99 for the first year (365 days), to your nominated credit card or Telstra account, until you cancel your subscription.

Unfortunately, you would not be eligible for any refunds as per the terms, but you can cancel your subscription at any time to stop further charges.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

LeanNastyPimp
Level 1: Cadet

I was told explicitly by a Telstra representative (whose name and chat window I have recorded) that I would be eligible for a full refund.

To me this is an extremely important amount of money.

It was not made expressly aware to me upon signing up for the free trial that I would be automatically billed. The system of automatic billing is, in itself, one of predatory nature which aims to catch people such as myself unawares. Given that I have not used the Live Pass once, something I'm sure would be provable by checking my account usage, and the predatory nature of the Live Pass subscription service, I completely believe that I am entitled to a refund of the whole amount, totaling $320 with the service beginning Tuesday 17th October 2017 and ending due to cancellation today, Tuesday 08/01/2019.

I have lodged a formal complaint regarding this issue to the TIO as of today.

I am looking forward to working with you to resolve this issue together.

Thanks again for your time, it's much appreciated.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @LeanNastyPimp

My apologies that you were given the incorrect information.  

I have sent you a private message to request additional details so that I can investigate further. 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now