Highlighted
mhaz16
Level 2: Rookie

AFL LIVE PASS STILL BEING DEDUCTED DESPITE BEING CANCELLED

I am being charged $4.99 a week for a live pass that i redeemed as a part of my inclusions with a telstra mobile and plan. The status of my account with AFL live says cancelled, but the direct debit is still being taken out of my account WEEKLY. This is a service that is supposed to be included in my plan as per the terms and conditions state in the contract. I want a refund of over 10 deductions that have been taken out of my account and i want the AFL live account cancelled

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
mhaz16

Re: Getting charged for AFL live pass

I have been continually charge for a service that i have cancelled.
4.99 a week when my status on my live pass says cancelled
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: AFL LIVE PASS STILL BEING DEDUCTED DESPITE BEING CANCELLED

It was only free if you signed up in the correct way. ie through the app and clicked on the green button, not the weekly subscription button.

What is the description next to the charge? That will speed up the process of getting the subscription cancelled.

Also, under most circumstances, refunds are not permitted under the terms and conditions
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mhaz16

The charge is coming up with Telstra Applications Melbourne

OK. That explains why you are being charged. In order to get the free subscription, you had to subscribe via the app on either an iPhone/iPad or Android device.

The description indicates that you subscribed via the website. Have you logged in to the website and tried to cancel the subscription through there (you can only unsubscribe via the same method that you subscribed)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mhaz16

I have cancelled via the website, and according to the status when i look on the website it says Cancelled. I ave also tried to access my payment method to delete my card details, but am unable to do so

Although when i look on the AFL Live APP (on IOS) the status is saying Active. And will not allow me to cancel/unsubscribe through that method 

You may very well have an active free subscription via the app then.
As far as the website subscription goes, that will require assistance from the team that look after AFL Live. They should get back to you later today or tomorrow at the latest for some more information.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @mhaz16

Thanks for getting in touch

I have sent you a private message requesting more info.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

georgiahahaha
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue. I have spoken to customer services and they gave me this report number to give to you INT 1-1815116546137
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @georgiahahaha

Thanks for contacting us.

I have responded to your other message

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more