gchartz_007
Level 1: Cadet

AFL Live Pass

Hi there,

I wanted to see what the livepass was all about and watch it on my TV. So I purchased it through google play as it said there is a one week free trial. I couldn't watch on TV which it didn't say anything about and then when I went to unsubscibe it tells me that it will cancel after the 3/3/18 a week later and that i'll pay $5.  It now appears that it looks like I might get charged $5 for this and it very misleading as it says $0 purchase because of the free trial through google play and then $5 purchase after I unsubscribe. I would like a refund on this matter please if I get charged. <personal details removed to protect your privacy, if needed, we'll ask for them via private message>

Thanks, 

George 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AFL Live Pass

Hey @gchartz_007

As per the terms, under our digital rights agreement with the AFL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (ie: iOS and Android phones and tablets) and current screen size.

Live match video on mobiles and tablets will be a maximum of seven inches diagonally. There is no restriction on the image size for match replays and highlights 12 hours after the match conclusion.

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Live matches via the AFL Live Pass are only available via the Official AFL app.

You can watch match replays on your computer if you purchased a pass via https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

If you have been charged by Google for this subscription, then you can request a refund through them.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

gchartz_007
Level 1: Cadet

Hi there,
I am signed in on laptop and it says AFL Live Pass subscription required and does not let me watch replays or live streams. However on phone it lets me do both. I get that you have to go through the afl link you sent me to get it on computer. However, I don't understand that through google play it says 1 week free subscription and my order history says weekly pass $0.00, and then after cancelling(used livepass for 1 day) it says cancels on 3 march 2018 $4.99 weekly. So am I being charged for this?

Thanks
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can check if you have an active subscription through Google Play by following the steps on this link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

In saying that, if you cancelled the subscription in-app then you retain access until the end of the paid/trial period.

In addition, if you subscribed in-app through Google Play, then you will not have access to content through the AFL website.

If you want to access full match replays on the website, you would need to register here: https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines