CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

AFL Live Windows Phone App Exit

Answered

From January 15, 2018 the AFL Live Official app will no longer be available on the Windows Phone platform.  To see all the latest AFL news, please visit AFL.com or download the iOS/Android AFL Live Official app on your mobile and tablet to continue live streaming.

Annual paying subscribers may be entitled to a refund providing you comply with our eligibility requirements. If you are a Windows Phone subscriber during 2017, please post below and we will reach out via private message to assist you. Customers have between 15/01/2018 – 31/12/2018 to request a refund.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL Live Windows Phone App Exit

There is no longer a windows live app for Windows phones. It was withdrawn in January.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
66 REPLIES 66
DiscoD1
Level 1: Cadet

So I have just updated my plan (approx. 4 weeks ago) from a Samsung Tablet to a Samsung Notebook which runs on Windows and I specifically told in the Telstra shop that I would have complete access to the AFL app and am I right in thinking I now have no access at all - as I can't log into anything? Please clarify - can I take this notebook back and upgrade back to the tablet - I live interstate and use the AFL app regularly
DiscoD1

Sorry I should sat it is a Samsung Galaxy Book but it runs off windows

It wouldn't have run anyway as your device is not classified as a phone in the Windows App Store.

You could try installing an emulator like Nox which would allow you to run the Android version. I use Nox on my laptop and it works really well.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @DiscoD1

The Windows Phone App is no longer available through the Windows App Store, so it will not be available for download from the 15th of January.This applies to all device but as mentioned above this device may not have been compatible with your device.

You will still be able to access on iOS or Android devices for live streaming plus match replays on PC.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

gerryg1
Level 3: Gumshoe

I had the afl live windows app in 2017 for my windows phone, can you help please.

Accepted Solution

There is no longer a windows live app for Windows phones. It was withdrawn in January.

View solution in original post

gerryg1

When I tried Nox I only got sound at high speed with no picture. Any idea what I might need to adjust?
gerryg1

'If you are a Windows Phone subscriber during 2017, please post below and we will reach out via private message to assist you'. So I did. This reply came back. 'There is no longer a windows live app for Windows phones. It was withdrawn in January'. Thanks for the assistance!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @gerryg1

Thanks for your post and I am happy to assist you with this. While I am not able to assist you with troubleshooting an emulator like Nox, I would be happy to help you with your subscription.

I will just send you a private message now so we can assist you.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

It appears that the newest version has gone all Chipmunks. Even tried a different emulator and had the same problem.
Matt282
Level 2: Rookie

My phone won’t allow me to access the free watching of AFL. It says I’m connected to wifi even after I’ve turned it off and closed and reopened the app. I had this same problem last year and there seems to be no way around it. It is a work phone. Last year I was given a voucher to use to allow me to access it.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Matt282

Thanks for your post and I am sorry that to hear this is no longer working for you. The Windows Phone App is no longer supported by Telstra, so if you have an existing subscription or Telstra Live Pass offer then you can log in and use it.

As the App is no longer supported or updated on the store, then we cannot guarantee that it will work on your device.

Thanks

Matt282

I don’t have windows I have an iPhone. This is a problem I had last year. I need to be able to watch the footy on my phone for free the same as other Telstra customers. Can you please try and rectify this problem. Last year I went through a whole heap of things with a different guy on this support page and he couldn’t fix the problem so he gave me a voucher to use.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your reply, @Matt282. You've replied to a post about Windows Phone, hence the confusion with your device. I can help you to redeem your live pass though, as you should be able to do it from your device and we have made it easier with the latest update.

Follow these steps to redeem your free Telstra Live Pass.

On your Telstra Mobile:

• Uninstall and Re-install the AFL App
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Open the AFL App
  • If prompted select ‘I’m a Telstra Mobile customer’
  • It will use the mobile network* to confirm your eligibility
  • Check the details are correct and it shows $0/mth
  • Select ‘Go back to the AFL Live App’
  • Congratulations! Your Live Pass has been activated

If you have any trouble, please let me know where you're running into trouble.

Matt282

Sorry about the confusion.
Have everything you said ( as I did last year) but it still says to turn off wifi and try again. Don’t know what the problem is but it’s identical to last year. Please help I’d like to watch AFL X tomorrow night while at work.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply. Firstly, just so you know, all AFLX games are free to stream and don't require an active subscription. I hope you were able to watch last night.

I have to ask the obvious question, did you turn off Wi-Fi and click try again? What happened? Are you connected to the Telstra Mobile network?

If not, you can select 'login with your Telstra ID' below the 'try again' button to skip this step and confirm your eligibility with your Telstra ID.

Thanks

Matt282

Hi. Yes I’ve tried clicking try again but it just keeps going back to that screen again and again. Unable to use my log in details as it’s a business phone. No other guys from work have this problem. As I’ve said it’s the same problem I had last year and nothing seems to fix it
Support Team
Support Team

@Matt282 I will just send you a private message so we can check this out for you.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Ausgreynomad

I am a windows phone user (one of the few).  I may request a refund, but may also inherit my daughter's iPhone towards the middle of this year.  I will be in touch then.

Regards

Peter Clarke

M<Removed for your privacy>

@Ausgreynomad, never post your contact details in this forum. Everyone can see it.
Support Team
Support Team

@Ausgreynomad I have sent you a private message so we can assist you further.

kah_act

have a Windows phone - how do i update live pass on my afl live app?

if you developed in html5 it would be device independent.

will it work on my Surface? it did last year.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @kah_act

Thanks for your question and as per the initial post, the AFL Live App will no longer be offered through the Windows App Store. We will not be providing updates for the App however if it is already installed on your device, you may be able to continue using it.

We cannot guarantee that this will work indefinitely as it is no longer supported.

Thanks

hicman

I am an annual subscriber, but it now says it wont work on windows Smiley Sad

please advise

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @hicman

Thanks for your post and I appreciate the frustration that the Windows App will no longer be supported. I will send you a private message for further help with this.

Nedfyre

Different issue. 
I have a live app subscription through my club membership ( on a Galaxy S4 ) and went to watch my team play today and it says that my subscription has lapsed yet my subscription screen says current but expires in December 2017. 

NOT HAPPY  JAN

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Nedfyre

Thanks for your post and I am happy to help with this. If you're subscription is showing out of date, it sounds like it has expired.

If you have a club subscription then they will normally provide you with a voucher to redeem. If you have received this then you can head to http://www.afl.com.au/livepassvouchers to redeem.

Thanks

JB17

Hi,
The AFL app on Win 10 phone will not accept my telstra user name & password.
Also can I use my the app on my android tablet that only has wifi and no sim card to veirfy my account.
Thanks in advance
JB
Support Team
Support Team

@JB17 I have responded to your other post here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/AFL-app-wont-accept-my-login-amp-p-w-on-win-10-phone...

Catn17

Does this mean I can’t use my app on my iPhone 8

@Catn17, no. It is support for Windows Phones that has been removed. Your iPhone 8 will still work.
Riitang

Just realised that you have stopped supporting the windows phone app. My app still opens but annoyingly cannot access some content (the same as last year). So does this mean that live streaming will not work? If so that is annoying as this is the only reason left for me to stay with Telstra since you took away app and music purchases with phone credit. If I had realised earlier I would have stopped using Telstra months ago. Very cunning Telstra leave it to the last minute to tell everyone. WSmiley Mad

kah_act

The app is installed so how do I update the pass?

So you have also removed the app for Windows Tablets as well? As I tried to watch the JTL match and the app doesn't play live video!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Riitang @kah_act

Thanks for your post and we did share this information back on December 6th and you may have noticed an in-app message. The App will no longer be updated in the Windows Store but it will still be available on your device. Certain features of the subscription may not work and we cannot guarantee live streaming is available.

If you purchased an annual subscription, you may be entitled to a refund. I will send you a private message now.

Thanks

techtony

I Have the Windows Phone AFL Live on WM10 Installed, Currently Showing renews in 75 Days.

Will I have any Issues for this Season?. Only Have Windows Appliances (No Android or Apple Devices) PC, Surface & Phone.

Thanks T

Riitang

Yes you will. No live content, but available for some form of rebate. I am not sure what this is yet.
mlord

Hello,

I was a 2017 customer and now have renewed my subscription for 2018. It no longer works... I use a surface pro 4.

Please contact me as soon as possible.
cb909

I have a windows phone
Sexy mum and dad with girl
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @techtony @mlord @cb909

Thanks for your post and I am happy to help you with this. I will send you a private message so we can review.

tacobrau

This is terribly disappointing news. I used to love accessing the AFL Live Pass using my Surface Pro and now I am being told that I need to watch using my Android phone. When I open the AFL App on my phone i get the "An error has occurred! Unable to connect to the internet at the moment, please check your data connection!". My phone's data connection works fine & there is most definitely no problems accessing any other website - it is only the AFL app having trouble.

I then attempted to restore my device back to factory settings in the hopes that the issue is resolved but to no avail. This is a terrible customer experience.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @tacobrau

Thanks for your post and I am sorry for the trouble accessing the AFL App on your devices. I understand that these changes are disappointing for you and we do not make these decisions lightly.

In regard to your android device, I am happy to troubleshoot this with you and get this working on your device.

I'd recommend attempting below:

•    Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then redownload
•    Please make sure you have location settings turned on & allowed the AFL Live app to use your location
•    Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device

In most cases, if you're having any difficulty streaming, I'd recommend attempting the steps here as this will help resolve most issues you encounter.

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer) 
Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:
We're happy to help or at least point you in the right direction.

peterrjay

I am a windows phone user, can you please help me with my subscription.
Pete
peterrjay

I am a windows phone user and have the afl live app. Long time Telstra customer. Please help me with my subscription.
Pete
peterrjay

AFL Live Windows Phone App Exit

I am a windows phone user and have the afl live app. Long time Telstra customer. Please help me with my subscription.
Pete
Riitang

Why would I be looking at the afl app in December when there is no live footy? So no I did not see an in app message. When do I get the refund?
kah_act

was this fixed have the same problem

kah_act

i have now installed NOx on my surface pro but get chipmunks and no video, all video except afl app works, video work on my windows phone but doesn't recognised by subscription
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @peterrjay

Thanks for your post and I will send you a private message so we can get some more details for you. 

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

@kah_act Thanks for your post and I have received your private message. I will reply to this shortly.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now