Highlighted
antb007
Level 2: Rookie

AFL Live app for Windows 10 Tablet

Hello

I am having issues watching the JLT series this afternoon. After logging in to the app to watch any game a timeout occurs after about 10 seconds of viewing. I have refreshed the app and have restarted the tablet but the same issue occurs. Is there the simple answer?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES 28
antb007

Re: AFL Live app for Windows 10 Tablet

anyone....anyone....anyone....?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @antb007

Thanks for your post and I am happy to help you with this. I have been testing this from my and have not been able to see this issue. I would recommend re-installing the App to see if this resolves the issue that you're experiencing.

This issue could also be caused by a slow or intermittent connection, so if you have Wi-Fi available use that or move to an area with stronger mobile reception.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

chat1
Level 1: Cadet

I have a afl live pass but am unable to watch any games. I have a surface pro 4 running windows 10. Please help asap.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @chat1

The Windows Phone App is no longer supported for the AFL Live Pass. For more details go here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/AFL-Live-Windows-Phone-App-Exit/td-p/723645

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

chat1

Hi JesseS. Does it means that windows 10 on a surface pro 4 is also not supported any more, or is it only the windows phone? Please confirm.
chat1

Hi JesseS. Does it means that windows 10 on a surface pro 4 is also not supported any more, or is it only the windows phone? Please confirm.
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry, to clarify the Windows platform, including tablets is no longer supported by the App.

Thanks

anthonyb2
Level 3: Gumshoe

it seems i am having this problem all over again in 2018 what do I need to do to be able to use the AFL app on Windows 10 Microsoft Surface???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Support Team
Support Team

Hi anthonyb2

Live matches via the AFL Live Pass are only available via the Official AFL app on compatible Android and iOS devices. 

anthonyb2

So why is there still a windows app available here?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telstra.android.afl&hl=en

anthonyb2

anyone anyone.....it maybe an android app but why does everything except for the video work on this app on windows 10 platform???
Support Team
Support Team

The link you have provided is for the Google Play Store. As advised above, the App is available on compatible Android devices. To clarify, these are mobile phones and tablets.

Live streams are not available on laptops or PC's. 

anthonyb2

No you are speaking absolute rubbish as usual from Telstra. App reinstalled can watch the non premium video. Am I going to have the same problems that I had in 2016 and 2017 as well as this year?????????????????????????????????????????
anthonyb2

Not tablets??????????????
anthonyb2

so why does the non premium video content still work on this app???
anthonyb2

this really is a rubbish product when are you going to fix it once and for all???????????????????????????

Support Team
Support Team

The live streams are not available on windows devices anthonyb2. 

PeterkAFL

why not?????

Such crap support from Telstra - I had some much dialogue last year with Telstra support - i have a windows tablet less than 11 inches in screen size. I get error messages saying cannot play as screen size is greater than 11 - so even the error messages are wrong!!!!!!

really poor performance by Telstra - so if a windows tablet no longer works, why not let us stream in chrome on the tablet at least - oh wait cannot as that might be a good customer experience ...

So now the latest is that oooops we no longer support windows tablets ... such crap - unless it is an Apple device you don't care - simple isn't it ...
Support Team
Support Team

Apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused PeterkAFL.

You can read about the Windows exit at https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/AFL-Live-Windows-Phone-App-Exit/td-p/723645

antb007

So why can we watch replays but not live content on this platform??? (Cant wait to hear your excuses as to why Telstra)
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @antb007

As has been mentioned previously in this thread, the AFL Live App is no longer supported on Windows 10 devices and although the app may work intermittently for some users who downloaded it prior to the windows exit, there is no guarantee that premium content will be accessible on this platform.

Thanks

antb007

Good Evening Kjorg,

I realise you are just doing your job but the bull**bleep** and mis-truths that comes out of Telstra in regards to the use of the AFL app is incredibly profound!

I note that your T&Cs say it is probable that any electronic device be it a mobile phone or tablet that has a screen that is greater than 7' is not supported by the App. If that is the case why can we watch watch a replay not live?

I also note that "screen size restrictions apply for live match videos as vision produced by the broadcasters is currently filmed in 16:9 ratio" Can you confirm that this is the real reason why I cannot use my tablet to view the live stream?
PeterkAFL

Short answer
1.Buy Apple device
2.Buy Foxtel
Telstra doesn't care about Windows.

Q. Why can't you stream on a browser as a workaround? Answer see 1 and 2 above
Q. Why is it that an app which was working had been disabled? Answer see 1 and 2 above

Woeful service
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @andb007

Our T&C's say that the AFL Live App is only supported on iOS and Android devices. 

The reason you cannot watch the live stream is because the AFL Live App is not supported on a Windows device. 

Thanks. 

PeterkAFL

Haha ...So honest!!! Reading straight from Telstra's T&C's ...which Telstra writes!!!

The point you are missing is that previously windows 10 was supported! And people were watching merrily through the app.

And Telstra has unilaterally taken that functionality away from these people ...also known as "customers" ...for absolutely no valid reason except commercially no interest in supporting no longer ...

As I said above - if you take away functionality give a solution like view through browser ...basic customer service.

...customers are always right ;-)
antb007

Thanks Kjorg

But you still haven't answered my question: why can I watch a replay on my device but not any live content? Is the reason for this because the format of "filming" is in 16:9?
antb007

I agree Peter the answer Kjorg has given is not an answer as to why I cannot use the app for live content.

PeterkAFL

Yep!

I had the same circular discussions last year ...new 10.1" tablet ..and got error message cannot play on 11" screen or larger ...so non logical error.

When I asked here I got usual uninstall / reinstall BS .... Of course didn't work

Eventually Telstra fessed up only Surface Pro 4 or higher supported so the error message was plain wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more