Timmay_1970
Level 1: Cadet

AFL Match Replay Dropouts!!!

Hi guys,

Watching an AFL match replay (not live streaming) through my Apple TV and every seven minutes or so the video drops out (from my TV) and plays back through my phone. I then have to reconnect to the Apple TV. Its infuriating. Is anyone else having this issue? I’m running an iphone 6s and the old style Apple TV box.

Its not bad enough you cant even watch a full screen in the ipad live, the one saving grace is being able to watch HD replays, and even that is a nightmare with this issue.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

P.S. ive restarted my phone/Apple TV etc so no IT Crowd fix here. How is it that every year this app gets worse!?!?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL Match Replay Dropouts!!!

Hi @Timmay_1970,

The use of AirPlay with the AFL App is not permitted under the terms of the AFL Live Pass and to maintain the broadcast agreement had with the AFL. I apologise for any inconvenience. 

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Timmay_1970

Even for replays (i.e. not live)? You can't be serious. What a disgusting greedy pack of #$%^#$^ the AFL have become. I will be starting a ground roots push to have the bastards taxed, because they are arguably stepping away from the spirit of what has made them exempt for so long.
Timmay_1970

'Airplay: Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Telstra’s agreement with the AFL restricts the display of live match videos to a 7 inch screen size. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size 12 hours after the match conclusion.'

Full screen size 12 hours after match conclusion i.e. replays. At least that's how I interpreted this. Or am I just allowed to have the rest of my iPad screen. Surely you can see how ridiculous this is mate, what have we become?
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @Timmay_1970 and I apologise for any inconvenience.

Full screen match replay size refers to the iPad screen size.

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more