kirkswan
Level 2: Rookie

AFL live app, no full screen, expiring in less than 12 mths, was part of plan and now not???

Answered

My app appears to expire in January 2019, why is that when my contract doesn't expire until October? Also, I am know running three phones and two foxtels services through you guys and you are s aying I have to pay for the live app??? Also, the app won't go to full screen,,, why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL live app, no full screen, expiring in less than 12 mths, was part of plan and now not???

Hi @kirkswan

Thanks for your messages.

Windows devices such as Windows phone and Surface Pro et al are no longer supported for use with any of the Sports Apps

This has been the case since January 05 2018

This is why your LIve Pass is not working as it should

There are no further updates to the App you are using on your unsupported device.

The AFL LIve Pass requires devices running iOS10 and above or Android 5.0 and above

You are welcome to use your AFL Live Pass with any other supported mobile device- see the FAQ's link below-

With regards to the expiry date...ALL Free Season Passes expire on the same date Jan 31 2019.

The AFL app will be updated later this month and T&C's & FAQ"s will be updated for the 2019 Pass in due course.

The current terms of the Live Pass are here:https://tel.st/pagew

More info can be found here: https://tel.st/5p6ef

Regards

Micheal W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: AFL live app, no full screen, expiring in less than 12 mths, was part of plan and now not???

The app expires every year and you re-sign up for the free app each year.

Which device won't the app go full screen on? If you are seeing black bars, you've got to remember that the video feed is 16:9 and the phones these days are not usually 16:9 aspect ratio, so won't be a perfect fit.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @kirkswan

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any confusion regarding AFL Live Pass. 

If you have redeemed the AFL Live Pass free of charge as a Telstra Mobile customer, this free subscription automatically expires January the following year for all customers.

You will then need to redeem the AFL Live Pass again using the AFL Live App while connected to the Telstra Mobile network. 

Live streaming on the AFL Live App is restricted to 7 inch screen size as per Telstra's digital rights agreement with the AFL. 

On most smartphones this will be full screen, sometimes with black borders at the top or bottom, however watching on a tablet there will be stats around the screen. 

Full Match Replays are available in full screen 12 hours after the conclusion of a match. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kirkswan

Yep, I do! I watch replays all the time and since Xmas it won't go to full screen. There is no afl on now so I'm not watching it live.
kirkswan

I don't know what back bars are, so I'm guessing I'm not seeing them. I watch replays on my surface pro and have done for years now. And since Xmas it will not go to full screen. The symbols change but the image stays the same size. This does not affect anything else I am watching, just the afl live pass.

Black bars are literally what they sound like, black parts of the screen surrounding the video on 2 sides.

Since you are watching on a surface pro, it is an incompatibility between the website player and the browser.

Have you tried using a different browser?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
kirkswan

But I have been watching on this surface pro since November 2017 and only had an issue since xmas
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @kirkswan

Thanks for your messages.

Windows devices such as Windows phone and Surface Pro et al are no longer supported for use with any of the Sports Apps

This has been the case since January 05 2018

This is why your LIve Pass is not working as it should

There are no further updates to the App you are using on your unsupported device.

The AFL LIve Pass requires devices running iOS10 and above or Android 5.0 and above

You are welcome to use your AFL Live Pass with any other supported mobile device- see the FAQ's link below-

With regards to the expiry date...ALL Free Season Passes expire on the same date Jan 31 2019.

The AFL app will be updated later this month and T&C's & FAQ"s will be updated for the 2019 Pass in due course.

The current terms of the Live Pass are here:https://tel.st/pagew

More info can be found here: https://tel.st/5p6ef

Regards

Micheal W

Highlighted
kirkswan

Thank you Michael... explained the issue completely, guess I won't be needing live pass anymore... Smiley Sad

Can't afford a new computer just for my live pass and my phone is too small for me to watch on... the problems with being old...

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more