CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Stu_7
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: AFL live app not working on my IPAD???

App now working.  Well done Telstra!  Probably shouldn't have happened, however, credit where it's due in resolving the issue to my (and other peoples) satisfaction and relatively quickly.  Good work!

LethalLFM
Level 2: Rookie

yes at least it is fixed
Angrymagie
Level 1: Cadet

I used to be able to connect from my iPad to tv which I can no longer do why
Angrymagie

I have updated my ipad
Support Team
Support Team

@Angrymagie

As per the terms, under our digital rights agreement with the AFL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (ie: iOS and Android phones and tablets) and current screen size.

Live match video on mobiles and tablets will be a maximum of seven inches diagonally. There is no restriction on the image size for match replays and highlights 12 hours after the match conclusion.

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GraHarr
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi I could also connect my iPad to tv but they changed this at the start of last season so we can't . I understand this is contractual and related I suspect to Foxtel! . I watched today's match on my iPad albeit part screen only because of this
LocoLobo

Yes, just fix it please. The app opens fine on iPad2 and I can get live matches and replays, but loading news and stories is very buggy. Images appear, but no text. Crapp App until fixed. Not worth $4.99 a week.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @LocoLobo

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with AFL Live Pass. 

Have you updated the AFL Live App to the latest version available? 

Thank you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

dmewett

I have an iPad Pro and it is not working - continual technical issues and failing to recognise my Telstra I Id etc and I have the latest iOS and I have deleted and re- installed and finally works fine on my iphone6s
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello there @dmewett

Sorry to hear you're having problems accessing the AFL Live app on your iPad Pro.

What sort of specific error messages, technical difficulties are you experiencing?

Please let me know

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

WF2

16 June 2018 - Have just updated the recent AFL live app and find out that it is not working on my Ipad2 IOS 9.3.5 - which is still current according to crowd support information.

When I access the live video, I am completely thrown out of the app !!!!

I am really disappointed as I have used this App successfully in the past.  I use this to keep up to date with the AFL while on holidays.  

Hoping this is just a glitch with the new update.  I have been a Telstra customer for many years and hope the customer service for this problem is going to be a positive one.  Would appreciate a prompt response..  Thank you 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @WF2

Thanks for your post and I am sorry for the trouble since the most recent update. We have heard a few reports and we are working with the App team to identify the cause. 

We can try some troubleshooting firstly, to see if this resolves the issues.

I'd recommend attempting these steps

•    Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then redownload
•    Please make sure you have location settings turned on & allowed the AFL Live app to use your location
•    Disable any VPN, Airplay or Chromecast services on your device.

In most cases, if you're having any difficulty streaming, I'd recommend attempting the steps here as this will help resolve most issues you encounter.

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer) 
Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:
Let me know how you go and we can assist you further.

GraHarr

Jesse, I have had the same problem of being kicked out of app as soon as I try to run live match . I just tried all the steps you suggest and the same thing still occurs. No error message app just closes. I noticed that when I was reinstalling that an update to afl live software occurred on 14 June so clearly that's causing the issue.i am using a club digital membership using an iPad 2 version 9.3.5. It goes without saying this is just so annoying and frustrating..........and again hurts the Telstra brand!. Regards grahame
GraHarr

Ps I am accessing via adsl 2 service from TPG . Location is canbera
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the feedback and we will continue to investigate the cause. We will provide an update as soon as we can.

Doast

Bad day to stop working! Trying to watch Socceroos, Wallabies, cricket and afl needs as many devices as you can Smiley Happy
RJ8

Same as last time, "updated" AFL Live fails to work on iPad 2, one would think Telstra would learn from past mistakes? It seems not......and again hurts the Telstra brand, well put Grahame.

Stu_7

Hi Jesse

I raised this problem last Friday and received a "we're looking into it" response. I'm still waiting for an explanation and a timeline to address the problem.  The problem with older iPad access is clearly the result of the updated App.  The same thing occurred earlier in the year with a previous App update - it's very frustrating that this error has now occurred twice.  Will affected users be credited refunds given there was no live streaming over the weekend?  I'd be grateful for a meaningful response from Telstra detailing an expected timeline for resolution.  Thanks.  

dmewett

I think from what I am reading and having followed ALL of the instructions that it IS BROKE AND NEEDS FIXING BY TELSTRA!!!!

not accepting linked account
splash screen with sorry message
incorrect statements about Telstra ID (home broadband not allowed) sorry my Telstra ID includes multiple mobile services

just not good enough... it was bad enough when Telstra stopped having full screen on Ipad, but this is just useless
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @dmewett

Thanks for your message.

We are aware that the updated AFL app is causing some issues with certain devices running older versions of iOS.

Our Technical team are investigating.

When we hear back from them, we will update CrowdSupport.

Could you please let me know what sort of device you are using ?

Device / Model / OS

Thank you again

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Otway

Hi Mic,

Specs as requested below.

Device / iPad

Model / A1430

OS / 9.3.5

Was working until last update on 15th June.

Looking forward to a solution. Cheers.

euge1

Hi Tried the recommended steps but doesn't for an IPAD 2 IOS 9 version. Cant you just leave the the APP alone once its working as it was a month ago before the update. The so called improvements dont fulfill their objective for IPAD 2 users can you please return the APP to its previous working version? If
bbruce

My IPad cannot access live matches. Just blanks out when attempted. All other  services appear to work ok

has been working OK after problems earlier in year

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @bbruce,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are aware that the latest update is causing some issues with certain devices running older versions of iOS.

Our Technical team is currently investigating this.

When we hear back from them, we will update this post.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

RJ8

(bleep) useless

Stu_7

Michael

We've been receiving the same response for a week now.  No timeline for fixing the problem.  Very disappointing and not good enough from a customer service perspective.  The same problem occurred earlier in the year and was fixed within a week.  Are Telstra going to follow Optus's lead and give customers who are not receiving a service they paid for a refund?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Stu_7

Thanks for your message.

We are still waiting for response from our Tech team.

This post will be updated as soon as we hear back.

Thanks again

Micheal @ Telstra

Stu_7

Michael

Thanks for the reply.  However, it's just more of the same.  I'd get fired if I kept providing this type of my response to my boss and customers when problems arose.  Perhaps you could get someone from the "technical team" on here to explain the problem and most importantly expected timeline for resolution?  No response on a refund?  That's now 2 rounds without live access.  I appreciate it's not your fault Michael.  However, its' simply not good enough...

Stu_7

Michael

Don't bother with the generic responses as they are simply a waste of time.  Please stop "waiting" for the technical team to respond and proactively escalate this issue internally, in order to have it fixed asap and address my previous questions regarding a refund.  Myself and other Telstra customers affected should receive a better level of customer service.  It's evident that no-one at Telstra has any clue about good customer service.  Myself and other customers will be voting with our feet.  Have a look at Optus's response to their streaming problems earlier in the week - that's a customer focussed response!  Perhaps, Telstra should consider doing something similar.  I won't hold my breath....  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Stu_7

Thanks for your message.

At this stage, the issue will not be fixed before the end of this round.

Our Tech teams are currently investigating and we will provide an update as soon as we can .

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

deblarko

Wow, I must be in the same boat! I have paid for the yearly access so surely I should get my money back as it does not deliver the product advertised!!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @deblarko,

Thanks for your message.

We are still working on the issue with older devices running older versions of iOS9 not being able to access live streaming.

You are able to use your subscription on other supported devices you may have.

The AFL app still works on other iOS devices that are running iOS 10 & 11.

When we have an update on the situation, we will update this thread.

Thanks again

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

deblarko

I have operating system 9.3.5 on my iPads but both have developed the same problem in the last month or so.  Each time I tap the watch live the website shuts down. Why is this??

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @deblarko

As you can see in my previous message to you, I explained that the update to the AFL app is causing some issues with certain devices (such as your iPads) that are running iOS9 9.3.5.

As soon as we know more about the issue we will update this post.

Thanks again

Micheal @ Telstra

deblarko

Thanks for your quick reply but it doesn't help me much at present. I paid $89 or $90 for this access for the season but I can't watch any games. If my iPads won't work because of changes made by your organisation then I should get my money back. I actually want what I paid for but if it can't be delivered then a refund would be the only fair action. 

Stu_7

Michael

Another round of football about to start and still no live streaming...  It's now been 2 weeks since the problem was identified with the upgraded version of the App for older iPads.  No further updates from you nor the technical team.  It's really a pathetic excuse for customer service!  The same problem was fixed within a week earlier in the year.  Can you at least please give me a contact at Telstra who I can escalate this issue to and request a refund?  

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Stu_7

All support for AFL Live Pass is done here on CrowdSupport. 

The technical team is actively investigating the issue impacting older devices running iOS 9.3.5 and hope to have a resolution soon.

We will update CrowdSupport as soon as we can with further information. 

You can still access the AFL Live App on devices running iOS 10 or 11. 

My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Hoggy3

After having the same issues earlier in the year, l contacted Telstra by phone.  After getting the run around by Telstra support and crowd support and threatening them with the telecommunications ombudsman, I got my money back.  As they couldn't put money into my Apple Store account, I sent them my bank account and the money turned up about a week later.

i am now happily with Foxtel now, streaming through my iPad and Apple TV, with no problems, for $39.95 per month with no lock in contract.

Maybe it's time for others to try this tact.

Pedr

thats blatantly untrue 9035 when you go to apple to update they say it is up to date you udated afl update stuffed it up why do i need to buy new ipad for your stuff up you have sold a product not of merchantable quality in that case surprising only 8000 jobs going cannnot work out why telstra shares have dived if this is level of incompetance you ADVERTISE TELSTRA TV when we get it oh we dont care if you are visually impaired you can only get it in 7" thats telstra tv but we cant give you live games but isnt that what i paid for when optus couldnt supply world cup games they put them on sbs free to air wont hold my breath for telstra to do the same
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Your version of ios is only up to date for your device as Apple stopped supporting it. Their have been about 14 updates of ios since they released 9.3.5. With every ios update it makes it harder for app developers to support the older devices.

Even if they manage to fix AFL Live this time round, at some point support will have to be withdrawn for the older devices (usually at Apples insistence as they control what goes on their app store).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GraHarr

great news viewing live matches is now working on IPAD2 . Thanks Grahame
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @GraHarr

Thank you for letting us know. 

For other users, we have updated CrowdSupport here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/iOS-9-Streaming-Error-Fix/td-p/767081 to advise that this issue has been resolved. 

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now