CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Azka
Level 1: Cadet

AFL live app with chromecast

Answered
Hi,

It seems that you don't allow the use of chromecast to stream the matches live through the TV but you put a paywall which is unbelievable. Optus sport stream all world cup and european football matches live through their app and it's more than half the price i pay for AFL live app and they allow the use of chromecast..

Is there a way that I can at least watch live AFL games on my laptop screen that operates windows 10 through this app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL live app with chromecast

Hi @Azka,

Thanks for your message.

The AFL app is for mobile devices only and will not work on a desktop or laptop.

A current AFL Live Pass subscription is required to watch live games.

Live matches via the AFL Live Pass are only available via the Official AFL app.

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

As per the terms, under our digital rights agreement with the AFL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (i.e. iOS and Android phones and tablets) and current screen size.
Live match video on mobiles and tablets will be a maximum of seven inches diagonally.

There is no restriction on the image size for match replays and highlights 12 hours after the match conclusion.

You are able to watch match replays on your computer if you purchased a pass via https://id.afl.com.au/livepass  

I hope this helps.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @Azka,

Thanks for your message.

The AFL app is for mobile devices only and will not work on a desktop or laptop.

A current AFL Live Pass subscription is required to watch live games.

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

As per the terms, under our digital rights agreement with the AFL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (i.e. iOS and Android phones and tablets) and current screen size.
Live match video on mobiles and tablets will be a maximum of seven inches diagonally.

There is no restriction on the image size for match replays and highlights 12 hours after the match conclusion.

You are able to watch match replays on your computer if you purchased a pass via https://id.afl.com.au/livepass  

I hope this helps.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shandi20
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, I've just signed up to the AFL Live App and want to know if it will stream the games via Cromecast to my TV?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Shandi20

Thanks for getting in touch

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content (including Chromecast)  is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@Shandi20, no. You cannot use Chromecast, or any external display with the AFL Live app.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now