CrowdSupport®
WildArch
Level 2: Rookie

AFL live on wifi tablet

Can someone please advise how I can log into AFL live pass on my wifi tablet? I have activated the pass on my Telstra mobile iPhone and all works perfectly however I am unable to log into my wifi tablet. I was able to watch AFL live on the tablet last year no worries. I have seen several posts saying to turn wifi off and log in via mobile however my tablet is wifi only; that is it doesn't have a sim card so I can only connect to the internet via wifi. Again this all worked fine in 2017. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL live on wifi tablet

Hey @WildArch

Thanks for your post and I would be happy to help you with linking your live pass to use on other devices.

If you have already redeemed your live pass on your phone, then you can head to the link below for directions to link with a Telstra ID.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Sports/Link-your-2018-AFL-Live-Pass-Offer/ta-p/694956

Once you have linked your live pass, you can use your Telstra ID to access it on other devices.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

WildArch

Hi Jesse

Thanks for you assistance. I am logged in on the phone AFL app and clicking on the Live pass button (top right corner) it says "welcome back...you are currently signed in...". Clicking on "AFL live pass" it shows my account as active but there are no options to "'Link your Live Pass". Any suggestions?

Thanks for you help

Support Team
Support Team

@WildArch Can you please try going to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass and see if this shows the same options.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

WildArch

Hi @JesseS. I get to exactly the same screen. I have attached a screen shot. If I go into 'edit account' all i get is a screen telling me i paid $0/month.

Greatly appreciate any help you can give

Cheers

Aaron

Image-1.jpg

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @WildArch,

Can you try the following for me?

- Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone

- Open the AFL App and get back to the page where you have taken this screen shot. (More > My Account > AFL Live Pass)

- Press 'Edit Account'

- Press small arrow next to $0 subscription. This should drop down with a cancel subscription button

- Press cancel subscription and confirm

- Exit out of the AFL App. Hold down the icon and make this wiggle. Press the 'x' to uninstall

- Head to the App store and reinstall the AFL App

- Select favourite team, Over 18, location services (which must be on for live matches)

- You should receive confirmation of AFL Live Pass (assuming your Wi-Fi remains off). Press continue.

- Select More > My Account > AFL Live Pass 

Does this show a button to link your live pass? If so, the details you created here (a Telstra ID) should then work in the My Account section of the AFL App on your iPad.

Let us know how this goes for you

- ToneB

WildArch

Hi Tone
Thanks for this, looks like it worked!!
However it wasn't a very straightforward or simple process was it. My feedback is that this process could be very much simplified.
Cheers
Aaron
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks Aaron, I appreciate the feedback and will let our teams know. Great to hear it's now working for you. - ToneB

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now