CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jeff616
Level 3: Gumshoe

AFL live subscription not working

Answered

Hi Somebody,

I have just subscribed to the AFL Live Pass through my PC so that I can stream live games on my phone, and watch replays on my PC. I did it through my PC (https://subscription.afl.com.au/subscribe/) this time, as unlike last year I did it through googleplay and somebody from Telstra said that the backend databases weren't linked which meant that I couldn't watch replays on my PC, 50% of the reason I got the subscription.

Now, with my new PC subscription, I thought I would test before I get to rd 1 and i have the same issues. However, I go to watch AFL replay and I get the below message:

AFL Live Pass subscription required

• Every AFL match live through the AFL Live App
• Plus full match replays and access to AFL.TV on mobile, tablet and desktop
• If you have just subscribed for the first time, please logout and login again to access premium content

What can I do to resolve this? More importantly, what can telstra do to make this process so much more simple? I work for a software development company, and if a client complains, we fix the issue. So why can't Telstra make this simple when so many of their customer base has issues?

Regards
Jeff
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff616
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL live subscription not working

Fixed. For anyone else experiencing this, clear the cache settings for your browser until Telstra manage to tie the backend databases for both PC and android subscriptions.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
25 REPLIES 25
Jeff616
Accepted Solution

Fixed. For anyone else experiencing this, clear the cache settings for your browser until Telstra manage to tie the backend databases for both PC and android subscriptions.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Jeff616

Sorry for the trouble accessing this on the website and I appreciate the frustrating. As you have discovered, this is normally resolved by clearing your browser cache.

If you have any further trouble, we are here to help, just let us know.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jasonaaldridge
Level 2: Rookie

hi

this is driving me crazy and missing a game.

i cannot sign up for 2018. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @jasonaaldridge

Thanks for your post and we are here to help. What seems to be the problem you're having signing up?

If you have a Telstra Mobile, then you can see more details on registering here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Sports/2018-Sports-Pass-Offer-FAQ/ta-p/694935

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Kaboom19

I tried this myself and cleared my cache but it did not help.
jasonaaldridge

My subscription ended so I went to resubscribe but it says I'm subscribed until 2019. Everyone I go to watch a live game it says I'm not subscribed.
It's driving me crazy.
The website is so annoying and difficult. I tried live help twice but they were useless.
I ended up creating a new account with another email.
When i compare to my original email I can see the new one has an option to change payment details bug the old one doesn't.
It appears telastra afl live has a bug that needs fixing.
It was 1 or so hours that I will never get back. Drive me insane. You should look into this issue before people start giving up.
jasonaaldridge

jasonaaldridge

LoopRe: AFL live subscription not working

Now saying my reply failed. Wow
jasonaaldridge

Hey do what I did. Create a new account
Kaboom19

I am registered and I have a subscription cause it tells me I do but I cannot watch anything g live
Colin25
Level 1: Cadet

So I've got the same problem. I'm a dumbnut though, so need help with clearing the browser cache, can you help with this please so I can use my live pass.....
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Colin25,

Which device are you trying to clear your cache on? Eg iPhone, Android, PC.

Can you also let us know which browser (eg Firefox, Safari, Chrome) you are using?

- ToneB

Colin25

Let me tell you my issue. I resubscribed to AFL LIve Pass about 3 weeks ago on my PC, expecting it to then work on my mobile of Android Tablet. When I log on to either, all I get is Wewlcome Back, Colin. You are currently logged in etc etc. So I go to the AFL Live Pass and I get the promo page. How do I get to the games? Where do I go from here? <Removed for your privacy>

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, I would be happy to check this out for you. I will send you a private message now.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Danzar1

You have to -relink' your subscription for 2018. Not sure why you have to, but here is the support article. https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Sports/Link-your-2018-AFL-Live-Pass-Offer/ta-p/694956

If you follow these exact steps, you'll be able to watch match replays across all platforms. Make sure you log out of afl.com.au after you've completed every step then log back in. If all else fails, clear browser cache (google this if you don't know how to do it).

Text from the support article here:

To do this, please follow the below instructions:

- Open the AFL Official app on the same device that you redeemed the 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer with

- Tap 'AFL Live Pass' (top right of screen)

- Tap ‘AFL Live Pass Subscription'

- As long as your 2018 AFL Live Pass Offer is 'active' here, there will be an option to 'Link your Live Pass'

- Complete the relevant sections to 'login' with an existing Telstra ID (email / username) and password or register for a new Telstra ID with a new email address and password.

- Once complete, you can login across all platforms on the Official AFL Live App or AFL.com.au with the linked Telstra ID credentials.

*Match replays via AFL.com.au are only available to customers who purchased via the website or linked their 2018 AFL Live Pass Offer to a Telstra ID & are located within Australia.

They key is to login using the same app or platform/browser you registered your 2017 subscription on. For me, it was the app on my iphone, but you may have subscribed directly via the website.

Cheers, Dan

ch23

Im having these same problems and been watch games on my damn phone because of it... its all well and good saying clear your browser cache but how do do that???!!!
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @ch23

I am happy to help you with more specific instructions if you can let me know what model of phone you have.

Thanks

hawkeye68

i have performed all of the mentioned fixes and still NOT WORKING on my laptop.....please how do i fix this problem....works fine on my android mobile, but every-time i try to watch on my lenovo laptop it sends me to "subscribe to afl live" purchase page...this is while im logged in with my live pass....
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @hawkeye68

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with AFL Live Pass. 

To clarify, did you purchase your subscription via GooglePlay? 

If so, this subscription will be unable to be used on afl.com.au. You can only access this subscription on other Android devices which are logged in to the same GoogleID. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thank you

CrowsFan

Me too Jeff, I've just signed up wanting to watch Live AFL games on my PC but can only watch replays. When I go to Match Centre where it says watch Live now it sends me back to the manage my account??
Kim163

Me too CrowsFan, just replays. I have cleared the cache history and everything suggested. It's ridiculous that it is so hard!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @CrowsFan & @Kim163

Thank you for your enquiry, my apologies for any confusion regarding AFL Live Pass. 

Live streaming is only available via the AFL Live App on a compatible mobile or tablet, you will not be able to access live streaming via the AFL website on your PC or laptop. 

As per the terms, under our digital rights agreement with the AFL, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (ie: iOS and Android phones and tablets) and current screen size.
Live match video on mobiles and tablets will be a maximum of seven inches diagonally. There is no restriction on the image size for match replays and highlights 12 hours after the match conclusion.

Airplay Mirroring and any form of external video output of streamed content is not permitted and is not provided as part of any AFL Live Pass.

Live matches via the AFL Live Pass are only available via the Official AFL app.

You can watch match replays on your computer if you purchased a pass via https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Wombat53

Sorry M8, but I subscribed through my iPhone both last year & this, and my ap is showing active, but I don't have any "Link your live pass" facility.
This is a disgracefully hard to use program...but it's Telstra, so no surprises there.
KeithB
Windemere

What the hell does that mean and how do you do it?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Windemere

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

What do you need help with ?

Please let me know

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now