MM19
Level 2: Rookie

AFL

Thanks Telstra for stuffing up another weekend of trying to watch my team play live. Nothing but blurred images,  screen greezing, although the commentary was still going on and having the game just dropping out all the time. I pay a yearly subscription and I expect to be able to watch live games without this constant problem. If you can't supply reliable coverage then get out of it and give it to Optus. At least then i'll get value for dollars spent on. Getting really pissed off with this 😡😡🤬

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL

Hi @MM19

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with AFL Live Pass. 

What device are you using to access the AFL Live App? (mobile/tablet, make/model etc)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the AFL Live App to see if this assists? 

Does you have the same issue with both live streaming and full match replays?

Do you have the same issue on both Wi-Fi and 4G connections? 

I can see that you have contacted us previously, but have not responded when further information was requested. 

https://tel.st/whg3l

https://tel.st/wghdj

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MM19
Level 2: Rookie

I have a Samsung S7. Android version 8.0.0. I have installed and reinstalled but no difference. The biggest issue is during live games but on occasions replays have issues as well. Only use 4G and reception is 4G + 2 of 3 bars. No less than 2 bars. Reception is totally fine to watch YouTube, music etc. I only ever have issues watching live games. 

Looking at other people's complaints, the seems to be lots of issues with the app. Maybe it's because of the number of people login on to the system each weekend. Whatever the issue is people, me included will cease paying for a subscription that delivers poor (burred) clarity and screen freezing and or dropping out. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @MM19

Thank you for getting back to us and providing those details. 

Whilst there are other complaints in CrowdSupport regarding the AFL Live App, these have been resolved with the impacted customers and we have no current reports of the quality issues you're experiencing. 

We do have a suggestion which may assist, within the AFL Live App, please navigate to More > Settings and turn off the auto-refresh option. 

This has helped Android customers experiencing the same issue in the past. 

Although there are no live streams on at the moment, you can test this using the AFL.tv stream at the top of the Videos tab. 

The AFL.tv stream is delivered to the AFL Live App the same way as a live stream. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now