CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Holiday
Level 1: Cadet

Afl live pass data charges

Answered

I log in using my Telstra id, it says it will be data free but it charges me anyway. I have a prepaid mobile sim and use a mobile wi fi device. I have over the $30 recharge requirement. Why am I being charged data use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Afl live pass data charges

Hi @Holiday,

Thanks for getting in touch with us

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Live Pass.

In relation to the excellent point made by @Jupiter, is  the $30+  pre-paid recharge on your mobile handset or your mobile Wi-Fi dongle ?

Video data usage is currently unmetered only for certain Telstra customers with respect to our supported devices. 

Video data usage is only unmetered for the following Telstra services:
BigPond ADSL/Cable/NBN
Telstra mobile handsets / tablets with any Telstra SIM (excluding International Roaming)

Telstra services excluded from unmetering:
Mobile Broadband (Dongles and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots)
Telstra Business Broadband
BigPond Internet (Dial Up/ Satellite/ Hourly Plans)
Telstra Air

Additionally, be sure to use either My Account or our 24x7 app to monitor usage as third party applications will not take into account unmetered data. 

If you think it is using your data, I'd recommend checking your APN is set to Telstra.Wap

If your APN is set to Telstra.Wap, the unmetered usage will be correct & won’t be what’s causing usage.

I hope this helps

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Just to be clear, you have the $30 recharge on your mobile wifi device's account?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @Holiday,

Thanks for getting in touch with us

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Live Pass.

In relation to the excellent point made by @Jupiter, is  the $30+  pre-paid recharge on your mobile handset or your mobile Wi-Fi dongle ?

Video data usage is currently unmetered only for certain Telstra customers with respect to our supported devices. 

Video data usage is only unmetered for the following Telstra services:
BigPond ADSL/Cable/NBN
Telstra mobile handsets / tablets with any Telstra SIM (excluding International Roaming)

Telstra services excluded from unmetering:
Mobile Broadband (Dongles and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots)
Telstra Business Broadband
BigPond Internet (Dial Up/ Satellite/ Hourly Plans)
Telstra Air

Additionally, be sure to use either My Account or our 24x7 app to monitor usage as third party applications will not take into account unmetered data. 

If you think it is using your data, I'd recommend checking your APN is set to Telstra.Wap

If your APN is set to Telstra.Wap, the unmetered usage will be correct & won’t be what’s causing usage.

I hope this helps

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit