CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
666Devil7
Level 2: Rookie

Can't open afl live app

Answered

I've tried deleting & reinstalling app...phone off&on...deleting other apps to free storage....

It's worked no problem for years, but last 2 weeks won't open?

iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.5

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't open afl live app

Hi @666Devil7

Thanks for your post and I am sorry that you've had some trouble with the opening the App. We have heard reports on devices running older versions of iOS, specifically 9.3.5. If you have an iPhone 6S, newer version of iOS are available and updating your device should resolve this issue for you.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @666Devil7

Thanks for your post and I am sorry that you've had some trouble with the opening the App. We have heard reports on devices running older versions of iOS, specifically 9.3.5. If you have an iPhone 6S, newer version of iOS are available and updating your device should resolve this issue for you.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

666Devil7

Yep exactly what the problem was thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Great to hear, let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Legrope
Level 1: Cadet

Iphone 6 iOS11.2.6 still not loading
Legrope
Lumia930
Level 3: Gumshoe

I'm also on 11.2.6 (the latest firmware) on an iPhone 6S and content on the AFL app will not load when using the Telstra 4G network.

When I get into an area with WiFi content will load. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing multiple times.

The Telstra store told me to call the support line. The support line told me to post it here. I'm not sure where you guys are going to send me next but I'd just like it to be fixed!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the post @Lumia930

Can I please confirm how many service bars you have when this issue occurs?

Lumia930

Hi Dani39,

I have full bars. 

I have no dramas accessing YouTube in HD, loading the Hawthorn Football Club app or loading any other websites but the AFL app just won't give me any love.

Cheers

Lumia930

Hi Dani39,
I have full bars. 

I have no dramas accessing YouTube in HD, loading the Hawthorn Football Club app or loading any other websites but the AFL app just won't give me any love.

Cheers
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply. 

I'd recommend attempting below

• Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then redownload
  • Please make sure you have location settings turned on & allowed the AFL Live app to use your location
  • Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device

In most cases, if you're having any difficulty streaming, I'd recommend attempting the steps here as this will help resolve most issues you encounter

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our AFL Live Pass Offer)

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Lumia930

For some reason the mobile data for that app was switched off!

All good now.

Thank you Smiley Happy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to read it has been resolved. Thanks for letting is know.

Bazz2

I had a similar problem once- not sure if it’s for the same reason, but in the end I logged onto iTunes via my pc and deleted the app there- after that I re-loaded the app and it worked.
Yogiebear
Level 1: Cadet

Can't open afl app have Telstra prepaid no <removed to secure user privacy>.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Yogiebear,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties had with the AFL App. Can I ask if there is a error message you are receiving? Can you provide us a screen shot?

Also, can you let us know what device model (Eg iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy 7, iPad mini 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A) you are using?

- ToneB

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now