CrowdSupport®
Bloodytelstra
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot Cancel whatever subscription I have!!!

I noticed on my account the other day that I am being charged $19 per week for an AFL Weekly subscription. I cannot cancel it as the steps to do so take me around in circles. I tried the app and it just buffers when I try to do anything with my account. I honestly don't even know what i 'signed up' for and have never used it. I watch AFL on Foxtel.

I am now thinking this might be a good case to send to the Ombudsmen as I am getting nowhere and it is very sneaky to make cancellation so difficult.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Cannot Cancel whatever subscription I have!!!

$19 per week sounds like it would be a subscription with WatchAFL not with the AFL LivePass which is only about $5 per week. WatchAFL is completely seperate and is primarily for allowing people to watch anywhere in the world not just geolocation restricted to ANZ. 

you would need to head over to www.watchafl.com.au to get help with that one. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Bloodytelstra,

@DrQ is correct, these charges are likely for WatchAFL, not an AFL Live Pass.

Telstra's AFL Live Pass is $4.99 weekly, $16.99 per month or $99.99 annually, there

is no $19 a week option.

WatchAFL is managed by Foxtel and is not associated with Telstra's AFL Live Pass,

generally WatchAFL is for accessing live AFL from overseas, as Telstra's AFL Live Pass

can only provide live matches in Australia and New Zealand.

You can find out how to manage a WatchAFL subscription on their website: https://tel.st/fpl9r

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bloodytelstra

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I have finally cancelled it. I had no idea what I had even signed up for which is obviously why I couldn't find any joy in trying to cancel. What a relief. Thanks again.

Bloodytelstra

Thanks! Problem solved!

Highlighted

No problem. Glad to hear it is all sorted. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now