CrowdSupport®
Cordie
Level 1: Cadet

Charged extra monthly subscription

Have just been re charged for a monthly subscription when my intention was never to sign up to something recurring. As there was less than a month left I assumed 1 month was all I was signing up for. Very misleading.

As I have just been charged this extra month yesterday which gets me nothing as the season has finished I would like a refund.

it even says within the app expires on which was the date I have been charged so I thought I had cancelled subscription and it would only last the month the actual matches had left to play.

I have contacted apple who say it is out of their control. I would like a refund as I do not see how this can be fair.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Charged extra monthly subscription

Hi @Cordie

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any confusion regarding AFL Live Pass. 

All subscriptions to AFL Live Pass are ongoing until cancelled as per the terms and conditions accepted upon subscribing - "Once you have purchased a subscription via the App Store, you will be able to access premium content for a recurring fee of $4.99 every 7 days, $16.99 every month, or $99.99 for the first year (365 days), to your nominated credit card or Telstra account, until you cancel your subscription."

This is regardless of whether or not the AFL season has ended, as subscribers continue to have access to premium content such as the draft and club events during the off season. 

The date in-app would have been a renewal date, not an expiry date. 

As you've mentioned you subscribed via Apple, unfortuantely we do not have access to their systems to cancel or refund a purchase made this way.

As per the terms: "When you purchase either a Weekly, Monthly or Annual subscription, your purchase is via the Apple App Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the Apple App Store."

It is at the discretion of the Apple App Store whether or not they provide a refund for a charge which is valid as per the terms. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Cordie

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why would a recurring subscription show within the app expires on 5/10/2019 how can it be an expiry date if it is recurring. That in the eyes of anyone would be called a renewal date. Extremely misleading as is the initial sign up to the subscription. 

I have already been in touch with apple and they have said as the subscription is through you they can’t do anything. Obviously you must be able to give authority to refund what has been taken from me for a subscription to nothing only 1 day ago.

Where can I direct a complaint?

Cordie

8846F1C4-1E3F-42AC-91AB-5B438059338D.png

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Cordie

As I mentioned in my previous post, we do not have access to Apple systems. They do not allow us to have access to protect their customers privacy. 

As per the terms"When you purchase either a Weekly, Monthly or Annual subscription, your purchase is via the Apple App Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the Apple App Store."

This is advised in the terms as we don't have access to their systems. 

You can submit any complaints here: https://tel.st/ms27n

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now