CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Free AFL Live Pass for Telstra mobile customers not working?

Bought a new Telstra mobile this week... logged in... successfully activated the Live Pass... chose a video to watch... click the green Telstra customers buttons, get another Congratulations message, yet when i hit continue it just reverts to the video home screen. Keeps doing this no matter how many times i try.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Free AFL Live Pass for Telstra mobile customers not working?

Hello @RazzamaDazz,

Sorry if there have been any issues accessing your AFL Live Pass.

Can I first confirm the Live Pass was activated in the AFL App while connected to 4G?

(Turn off Wi-Fi)

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AFL App?

If still no luck, could you please provide the device details, including iOS/Android version?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi @aaron_h , thanks for quick reply! Yes Live Pass activated in 4G, with WiFi off.., it just goes round in circles... no matter how many times i tap Live pass in the top right hand corner of the app and it says "currently logged in" on the next screen, yet when i go back back to the home page it always says "Live Pass login".., its never the green coloured T logo. 

Have uninstalled and reinstalled, still no luck...

Its a Samsung Galaxy s10 android v10

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @RazzamaDazz,

Thanks for confirming those details.

I also have an Android device, and have been able to replicate the issue after reinstalling the AFL App.

There were some changes made to prevent customers purchasing new subscriptions in the AFL App,

it appears to have also impacted the free Live Pass redemption process.

I have escalated the issue to the tech support team, once we get an update we will pass it on.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @RazzamaDazz,

It appears as if the issue has been resolved, could you please try the process

again to confirm?

You may need to reinstall the AFL App, but that wasn't necessary for me, once

redeemed you should no longer be stuck in a loop.

I would suggest following the prompts to link the Live Pass to a Telstra ID, this will then give the option of being able to sign into (rather than redeem via 4G) your Live Pass on any supported device (up to 5 per Live Pass).

Highlighted

Thanks @aaron_h , where would I be able to find my Telstra ID?

Highlighted

Dont worry with the above @aaron_h , it worked without needing it. Thanks for the excellent prompt service mate.

Stay well

Darren

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @RazzamaDazz,

Glad to hear you got in!

The Telstra ID is not necessary, the option is there in case you would

also like to access your Live Pass on a PC, Tablet, non Telstra mobile etc.

If you don't yet have a Telstra ID, the App will prompt you to create one,

this also then allows access to many other Telstra products and services, 

like Telstra Plus.

Highlighted

Hi @aaron_h yes i would like to link it to my laptop during these CV19 times, but the screen doesnt appear the same as in the steps at the bottom of https://id.afl.com.au/livepass. Step 3 "link your live pass" just doesnt appear...

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @RazzamaDazz,

On your Telstra mobile, is an option to 'Manage' available in More>My Account>AFL Live Pass Subscription?

There should also be an option to login and create a new Telstra ID that way as well.

I can see the link Live Pass option so it's possibly your device if still no luck. 

Next step would be to clear the storage for the AFL App, settings>apps>AFL>Storage,

and turn the phone off and on, before starting the process again.

Highlighted

thanks @aaron_h cleared storage, restarted, and link to live pass is there. You're a legend!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Nice work @RazzamaDazz,

Enjoy the replays!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit